Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting 7965 back to factory defaults

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

just trying to set a phone back to the factory default. In one doc, it said to not be connected to the network and another said to be connected to the network to be able to get the term65.default.loads file from tftp. Just wondering which is correct?

Thanks, Pat.  

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I belive you want to be on the network and be able to get to the DHCP server.

Chris

Must the phone be created in CUCM beforehand?

No, it does not need to be registered to be factory reset.

Chris

Also, I read in one doc that the after getting an IP, the tftp server must be able to be reached and the tftp server must have the term65.default.loads file available.

Is this true? Doesn't going through the sequence 123456789*0# enough?

Thanks, Pat.

Hi Patrick

Factory settings are applied by going through the sequence, but 'factory settings' is effectively 'no settings'... so for the phone to be any use after, you will need DHCP to work and the phone will need to download firmware from somewhere - i.e. the TFTP server that is handed out through option 150 on the DHCP server.

Without that you'll find the phone just resets continually.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the respnse Aaron. How can I tell if the phone is set back to factory defaults? I did the sequence with the phone not plugged into the network - just power from the brick. After I did the sequence this morning, the screen just goes black. Like you mentioned, shouldn't it reset continually?

Thanks, Pat.

if u do factory reset, phone should be copnnected to network and CUCM rshould be reachable. then in phone screen you will see the firmware upgradation window. thats ho wu know the factory reset done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: