Replies

Setting CUCM Call manager 8.5 outgoing Calls with SIP server

ahmedbishry
Level 1
Level 1

Dear ALL,

hope you are doing well all,

I finished setup my CUCM Call manager 8.5 on my network with out any voice GW,

We have new requirmente to make 24 ip phone using the SIP server for outgoing external calls,

I'm facing a problem that when i finished the setting of the SIP Trunk for the SIP server on my CUCM Call manager 8.5, i'm still not able to get the connection to the SIP server,

I made a contact with the SIP engineer and he advice me to change the setting on the Cisco IP phone 7945 it self without the setting in the CUCM Call manager 8.5,

But in this way the 24 Cisco 7945 will be SIP client and not Call manager client,

So please advise,

please find the attached file for my network Design,

I summyries the setting on the Call Manager as below

1- Add new Trunk link (SIP Trunk)

2- Create Route pattern

3- Create Rout Group

4- setup rout list

please correct me if I'm wrong,

The SIP server setting:

Device settings  :
=================================
SIP Server/ Registration :  sip1.catiphone.com
username : account number from table
password  : 1111
codec : g723 and g729

Thanks in Advanced,

for your time,

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For SIP trunks that require authentication you will need a CUBE (router running IP-IP GW functionality), you can not perform authentication from CUCM sip trunk. CUBE is prefered for all PSTN SIP integration, and it is a licensed feature.

HTH,

Chris

Dear Chris,

many thanks for your kind reply,

please explain more so I can move forward,

I really appriciat your advice,

many thanks,

Ahmed

Ahmed,

In order to connect authenticated SIP trunk to your environment you will need to deploy a CUBE, CUBE is just software configuration and right to use license that go on a cisco router, if you have existing PSTN GW you can configure it as CUBE.  The you build SIP trunk from CUCM to CUBE, and CUBE has dial-peers to/from CUCM and to/from service provider. 

Check you this link for data sheet info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/gatecont/ps5640/product_data_sheet09186a00801da698.html

you can search this forum for CUBE configuration examples as there are many of those.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Here's the data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/gatecont/ps5640/product_data_sheet09186a00801da698.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/gatecont/ps5640/cube_asr_1000_vds.html

It is an IOS software feature on ISR/ASR routers and is licensed by the quantity of concurrent calls you want to pass through it. The SIP Trunk in CUCM points to CUBE which in turn points to the ITSP.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Dear Jonathan and Chris,

Many thanks for your great effort and time

I found this article below talking about convert the IP phone from CCP to SIP,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2014421

=====================================================================================

Converting SCCP Phones to SIP and reverse in   Cisco Unified Communication Manager 5.x and 6.x

Complete these steps in order to convert the SCCP IP Phones to       SIP:

1. Go to Cisco CallManager Administration and choose Bulk             Administration > Phones >Migrate             Phones > SCCP to SIP.
  2. Click Find after you select/enter the appropriate             search criteria to list the phones that need to be             migrated.
  3. Click Next and choose the phone template from the             drop-down.
  4. Enter the job description in the Job Information area.
  5. Click Run Immediately in order to migrate phone             records immediately or click Run Later in order to migrate at             a later time.
  6. Click Submit in order to create a job for             migrating the phone records.Note: After you submit a job for migrating phones from SCCP to  SIP,                 make sure that you reset these phones. In order to reset the phones,  choose                 Bulk Administration > Phones >                 Reset/Restart Phones > Query.
  7. When the Migrate job is submitted, choose Bulk             Administration > Job Scheduler in order to             schedule and/or activate this job.If it remains in the Pending state, you might need to activate the             Bulk Provisioning Serviceunder the             Serviceability > Tools >             Service Activation page. Refer to             Activating              Bulk Provisioning Service for more information.
  8. Go to Cisco CallManager Administration, choose System > Enterprise Parameters and change Auto             Registration Phone Protocol to SIP (SCCP is the default).  Then             restart the Cisco CallManager service. Refer to             Autoregistration              with Multiple Protocol Support for more information.Note: In order to revert back to SCCP, you need to delete the SIP                 phone, set Auto Registration Phone Protocol to SCCP and then                 let the phone re-register as SCCP.

====================================================================================

So if I convert my IP phone 7945G from SCCP to SIP client is it will work, then after that should I'll be able to use the SIP server? and where should put the setting on the phone it self or on the CUCM?

please correct me if I'm wrong,

thanks in advanced,

Ahmed,

No, you do not need to have SIP phones to be able to use the SIP connection to your ITSP.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Ahmed,

Do no confuse PSTN SIP access which is what your original question was about vs. SIP endpoints which is what your last post is about. One is independent from the other, as your call agent (CUCM) can translate between multiple VoIP protocols.  Have you considered hiring a professional to assist you with this as this may not be a trivial thing to do for a beginer?

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Dear Chris,

Thanks for your reply,

My scenario is very simple as below without voice GW because it will use the WAN IP Address and not PSTN,

Call Manager =====>>SIP Trunk =====>> WAN=====>> SIP Server

But I was searching for workaround solution because the SIP provider use the DID number with username and password,

I tried to change the image of the 7945 through TFTP to be standalone SIP phone (no longer CM client),

I was thinking if any one facing the same setup so he can advice me,

Thanks in Advanced,

Dear Roger,

Many thanks for your reply,

Can please give an idel example for this setup below

My scenarion is very simple as below without voice GW because it will use the WAN IP Address and not PSTN,

Call Manager =====>>SIP Trunk =====>> WAN=====>> SIP Server

Thanks in Advanced,

Ahmed

You will have a PSTN connection through your SIP provider. PSTN is just a abbreviation, it doesn't imply any specific type of connection.

As been answered before in this thread, you will need a CUBE to be able to do what you ask for. A CUBE is no more or less than a Cisco voice gateway that through configuration can route IP call legs to each other.

Please search the forum for this, it has been asked and answered many times.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Dears,

I successfully made the connection to the SIP server from the CUCM (call manager 8.5),

CUCM ======>>WAN ======>> SIP Server =====>> PSTN

Now I can dial the mobile from the IP phone connected to the CUCM,

There is one problem that when the Connection started between the IP phone and the mobile I'm facing a silent call,

both of us cannot hear anything,

Please advise,

Thanks in advanced,

Ahmed