Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared line call forwarding on cisco 8861

shahulhameed
Level 3
Level 3

Hello dears

I have configured a shared line for example our TL number is 12000 and his secretary number is 12001. 12000 is configured for TL IP phone. 12000 and 12001 lines are configured for his secretary. If any one called our TL it is ringing on both phones. What I want the secretary should answer the TL number and need to forward to TL. This option is not available now or I may not know.
Please advise.

3 Replies 3

Hi Shahul, 

This may not be the direct answer to your question. But one of the ways I can think of now is to use a call pickup group. create a CPG and assign it to both your TL and Assistant. so when a call comes to TL, your assistant gets the notification and picks up the call and then transferred it to TL if required.

Regards, 

You should look at Cisco Unified CM Assistant setup. It would cater to your needs.

Response Signature

As @Roger Kallberg mentioned, Manger assistant will be the feature you are looking for. AFAIK it need a plugin to be installed on the Secretary pc. 

If that not possible, try with the Call pickup option what @Shalid Kurunnan Chalil mentioned. 

Response Signature