Views
Helpful
Replies

Sharing the same number for desk phones in Cisco Webex Calling

carl.townshend
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

If I want 3 phones to share the same number in Webex calling, how is this done?

Does each need to have an individual extension and then all have a shared second number? or can they all have the same primary line?

Cheers

11 Replies 11

b.winter
VIP
VIP

If you give them individual extensions, how should the devices share the same number then? ';)'

If you read what the OP wrote he is asking if phones can have a single directory number that is shared or if they need to have the shared directory number on the second line on the phones.

Does each need to have an individual extension and then all have a shared second number? or can they all have the same primary line?”

Response Signature

But what's the difference between setting the shared number on the second line or the first line?

No idea, but that’s what the OP wrote and you’re answer was IMHO not at all reflecting that.

Response Signature

If you search for shared line webex calling in your favorite search engine you'll find plenty of links to help.webex.com and also community post on this topic that likely can help you.

At the moment there seems to be some issue with the site where help.webex.com resides as all I get is a security warning that the page is insecure if I try to open one of the articles.

image.png

Hopefully Cisco will resolve that shortly.

Response Signature

Hi
Lookup virtual line as well on Webex calling. https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/c5cgxd/configuration-of-shared-lines-and-virtual-lines-across-locations
Or put the same line on different line appearances.

Thanks

ashish

Response Signature

@Ashish Patel That would likely be better if you would answer the OP @carl.townshend instead of addressing it to me.

image.png

Response Signature

carl.townshend
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have been having a play with the above, virtual lines etc, it seems on Webex calling that the virtual line cannot be the "primary" extension of the user, which makes me thing they will need a dummy "primary" extension then the virtual line as the secondary etc, is this the case? 

AFAIK a virtual line is not the same as a shared line. You might be mixing up the two terms.

Response Signature

Hello,

For devices (workspaces) registered with Webex calling, you can add the second line as a shared line, unfortunately not the primary line.

ShalidKurunnanChalil_1-1702565751992.png

Also, have you tried assigning the same three phones to the same Webex user? All three phones should have the phone number of the user.

Regards

Shalid

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Carl,

Associate the required number with an user and assign the user for all the 3 phones. By this way, you can have the shared line as primary on all the 3 phones.

HTH
Rajan
Please mark all useful posts as helpful and solutions as accepted wherever applicable