Views
Helpful
Replies

sip messages not shown on Translator X

Vijay Patil
Level 3
Level 3

I am using Translator X for analyzing "debug ccsip all" command output

Unable to find any thing on Translator X other hand when i open same logs in notepad++ sip messages are found

I configured syslog on my machine

conf Ter

logging (syslog server IP)

service timestamp debug datetime localtime

service log datetime local time

logging facility local3

logging trap debugging

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dear Vijay,

After some struggle i was finally able to get the correct output in Tranlator.

The problem is the Prefix each message has from the syslog, we need to remove the same so that TranslatorX can correclty parse the data.

I have used the column mode of Notepad++ to delete the preceding data

STEP 1 :- Open file in Notepad++ and make sure Word Wrap is Turned Off

TranslatorX-4.PNG

STEP :-2

Use Column Mode   Continue holding “Shift” and “Alt” while using the “Down” and “Right” arrow keys on your keyboard to select the text as desired. https://www.technipages.com/notepad-column-modeTranslatorX-Coloumn Mode.PNG

Finally Open the modified file in Translator. Now As the Millisecond parameter is absent the Messages might be out of sequence

Translator-X-1.PNGTranslator-X2.PNG 

Finally If you think issue is resolved then rate & mark answer as correct.

Thanks,

Haris

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you send or attach your ccsip all debug here?

Please rate all useful posts

hello here is the debug output

You will need to run your debug with msec-level timestamps in order for them to be imported into TranslatorX. If there are additional problems after that, let us know and we'll give it a look.

See: http://translatorx.org/support.html

I've run into issues with SIP debugs not importing into TranslatorX when the timestamps are not set correctly. Are these on your router?

service timestamps debug datetime localtime msec

service timestamps log datetime localtime msec

Yes,,mentioned command i entered at time of configuration of syslog

service timestamps debug datetime localtime msec

service timestamps log datetime localtime msec

You are missing the "msec" on the end of the commands you showed in your earlier post. What little documentation there is for TranslatorX says that is a requirement. (And it's how I've made it work.)

Yes..Maren...I missed "msec" while configuring debug

mlundbom1
Level 1
Level 1

You are mentioning syslog. I'd expect your syslog to prefix/handle/format the messages in a way that TranslatorX doesn't handle.

Try pulling the log from either the buffer or monitor, verify that it is correctly handled by TranslatorX and modify the syslog-configuration as needed.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Can you attache you SIP debug output here to check.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am able to see the SIP Messages in TranslatorX. My version is 11.5 So upgrade your TranaslatorX.

Also here you can see that TranslatorX is unable to process the file properly this is probably due to Milliseconds value missing. Please regenerate the logs with milliseconds timestamps.

TranslatorXPNG.PNG

Hello Harris,

Thanks for replay..Will ad mesc parameter next time onward while collecting sip debug on syslogs .

i exactly see the same what screen you share on TranslatorX ..but why Node/Interface ..Remote Device IP are not not displayed here ..

Dear Vijay,

After some struggle i was finally able to get the correct output in Tranlator.

The problem is the Prefix each message has from the syslog, we need to remove the same so that TranslatorX can correclty parse the data.

I have used the column mode of Notepad++ to delete the preceding data

STEP 1 :- Open file in Notepad++ and make sure Word Wrap is Turned Off

TranslatorX-4.PNG

STEP :-2

Use Column Mode   Continue holding “Shift” and “Alt” while using the “Down” and “Right” arrow keys on your keyboard to select the text as desired. https://www.technipages.com/notepad-column-modeTranslatorX-Coloumn Mode.PNG

Finally Open the modified file in Translator. Now As the Millisecond parameter is absent the Messages might be out of sequence

Translator-X-1.PNGTranslator-X2.PNG 

Finally If you think issue is resolved then rate & mark answer as correct.

Thanks,

Haris

Thanks, Harris....

This is what output i tried for long time ...