cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Session Timer Support disable Reinvites for dial-peer?

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All, we have a server that answers calls and gives out info. Our call flow is as such:

PSTN--- PRI ---- Cisco 2911( h.323/SIP) ----- CUCM 4.x ---- Server (Gateway)

Customers call a specific number via a specific dial peer to the server. Sporadically issues on the server where the virtual ports on the server get hung and fluttering lines. We contacted the vendor and via wireshark they told us that we need to disable re-invites.

I ran through the below doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/vb_1369_ps5640_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Does anyone know if I can disable Re-invites for a specific dial-peer? I'm not sure what impact that it would have if I completely disable it. It seems to me other than this server that having this enabled is a good thing for normal phone calls.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cant disable re-invite for a specific dial-peer. You can only disable re-invite for the whole call flow and you will need a MTP for this. You will need to enable use MTP on your sip/h323 gateway. This will stop re-invite been sent to your provider

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi aokanlawon,

Could I just negate the time of Min-SE header...for example:

VOICE-GW(conf-serv-sip)#no min-se

From the doc the default value is 1800 seconds.

Also would turing this feature off effect my calls from IP phone to IP phone and IP phone to PSTN via our PRI circuit?

We only have one other server that is using SIP ( our SIP fax server ).

Thanks,

Dan

No,

You cant disable a sip header wothin IOS command, however you can use SIP profiles to modify headers..If you disable this header, there is no way your UA will know when the session has expired and this can create more issues for you.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

daniel.bloom
Level 1
Level 1

If you have a new enough IOS this feature might achieve what you need.

CUBE midcall reinvite consumption.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_proto/configuration/15-2mt/cube-midcall-reinvite.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App