cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP SRST with 3905

W S H FERNANDO
Level 4
Level 4

Hi I have SIP srst with 3905 and 6921. 6921 Phones are getting registered as expected with SRST gateway. but 3905s not like that. i need to restart (re-plug) the phone manulally, then they will register with SRST. what will be the reason for this ?

is this a bug ?

Regds

$

10 Replies 10

Since you need SIP  SRST in order to re-register these phones to the GW, please check these  links:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/admin/sccp_sip_srst/configuration/guide/srst_41.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/feature/guide/srst71ft.html

The solution was to put configurations related to sip, these are the lines that i added

********* Enable SIP srst register **************

voice register global

system message XXX

max-dn 20

max-pool 20

********** Create the endpoints that are going to register with the gateway ************

voice register pool  1

id mac XXXX.XXXX.XXXX

number 1 711

codec g711alaw

********* SRST related **********

application

global

service alternate Default

sip-ua

Best Regards

Hi Hermanus

Thanks for the reply, I aleady using SIP srst, my other Phones are registering as Expected. (suddenly when disconnect the WAN) but for 3905 i need to manually re-plig the cable (restart the phone to register)

Regds

$

an

d
your 3905 is on the latest FW ver for your CUCM ver?

Best Regards

Hi Fernando,

what is CUCM version u are using?

have u added IP address in SIP Network/IP address under SRST reference configuration?

regds,

aman

Hi

Yes, i'm using latest FW version

CUCM - 9.1.1.20000-5

FW  - CP3905.9-4-1-0

Regds

$

Hi Fernando,

please check have u added IP address in SIP Network/IP address under SRST reference configuration in call manager.

regds,

aman

Hi

Yes I did it.

Regds

$

have you tried one of the 3905 on a lower FW ver like 9-3-2 or something and see if you get the same issue.

Best Regards

Hi

No i'm not, because there are lot of bugs in prevous FW version. So thats why i upgraded it to latest. if I downgread it other bugs will eb hit to phone.

Regds

$

Few things you need to check.

Are you able to see SRST ip on Phone as secondary server ? - NO(check on cucm device pool and SRST reference) - Yes - Then put a packet tracer on phone switch port and see "Proxy slot #0 () - De-registering AOR"  message floats when WAN goes down or you only see continuous keep-alive message exchanging ? Do you see any Registration request goes to SRST ip from that phone ? -No (then it look line phone firmware issue) - Yes - Then check your SRST router, did you see request from phone IP by enabling "debug tftp event"-Yes - Then check SRST version on router , does it supports IP Phone or its updated firmware - Yes- Recheck you SRST configuration for SIP.

Rate all the helpful Post.

Thanks

Manish