Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk between CUCM 8.0.3 and Nortel CS1000 not displaying name

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

i have cucm 8.0.3 cluster and i integrate with Nortel CS1000. I have no issue with voice calls between the two system.

When calling from Nortel phone to Cisco phone i can see the name of the caller on cisco phone evenm before answering the call. When calling from Cisco to Nortel the display name on cisco phone is not showing until the called phone (Nortel) answer the call then i can see the name. I followed cisco documentation (check attached)

how can i solve this issue.

regards,

Ibrahim

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you perform a packet capture of the SIP packets and post it on here? The first thing to see is who's at fault: CUCM by not sending a name in the INVITE; or Nortel for not acknowledging it and showing it on the phone.

CUCM can perform the packet capture for you. SSH into the node that will be performing the call setup and type this command:

utils network capture file nortelsip count 100000 size ALL host all   

The destination IP address should be the IP address you entered on the SIP Trunk Configuration page of CUCM.

After completing a call, pull the file using RTMT. There will be an option on the second page for Packet Capture Logs.

thanks for the reply. just to correct i am using cucm v7.1.3 i will try to get the capture and post it here.

dksingh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Calling from Cisco-->Nortel if you want the alerting/connected name (called party name)

to be displayed on the calling IP phone while hearing rinback, you have to receive it in

Remote-Party-ID header (RPID) in 18x msg.

From your description, it seems RPID is coming in 200OK (on answer) so its updated once

the call gets connected.

Just pull a CUCM trace and look for RPID header in the incoming 18x (180/183)

DK