cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk CFwdBusy to Voicemail?

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

I have a 3rd party IVR that connects to CallManager by a SIP trunk. Is there any way to forward calls to voicemail or another device if the SIP trunk returns a 486 BUSY HERE ?

This IVR is only licensed for a certain number of concurrent calls. Right now, if call volume is higher than the licensed amount, the caller hears a busy signal. When that happens, I would like to forward the call to a backup hunt group or voicemail box.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Randy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm afraid you can't, once the call goes via a route pattern, it will only go through the route group(s) and route list for routing. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm afraid you can't, once the call goes via a route pattern, it will only go through the route group(s) and route list for routing. 

HTH

java

Thanks, I was afraid of that. I could bounce the call through CUBE, but then the call flow gets kind of messy.

Correct, that would be the only solution, send the call back to CUCM via CUBE/GW after CUCM sent the call out via a RP.

HTH

java

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If your voicemail is configured as a SIP trunk, you could add it as a secondary option to your RL/RG construct.