Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP-UA Registration to CUCM

raymond00
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, All!

I'm working on a scenario in my lab and would like to know if it's possible to register a voice-enabled ISR as a SIP endpoint in CUCM. Rather than register the ISR as a trunk, I'd like to use SIP-UA to register a particular extension. Basically CUCM would be acting as the ITSP.

Inbound Call Path

PSTN --> Core ISR --> CUCM --> 2911 Registered with SIP-UA --(FXS Ports)--> Analog Phone

Issue

In CUCM I am seeing "Rejected" under the status. I have included the ISR debugs for "ccsip messages".

Steps taken so far..

CUCM

Configured SIP Advanced device

Added ext to line 1

Set "Digest User" to "telecomsiptest"

User Configuration - telecomsiptest

Set digest authentication password

Associated device to user account

ISR

Configured SIP UA as seen below.

sip-ua

credentials username telecomsiptest password 7 XXXXX realm XXXX

authentication username telecomsiptest password 7 XXXXX

registrar 1 ipv4:192.168.2.12 expires 3600

registrar 2 ipv4:192.168.2.13 expires 3600

registrar 3 ipv4:192.168.2.11 expires 3600

sip-server ipv4:192.168.2.12

Any help would be greatly appreciated as always. If there's a better way of doing this setup, I'm all ears. Thanks again for your time.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is not need to register. Configure the ISR as SIP trunk and that's it.

If I did that, would I not need to build a Route Pattern for inbound calls, which would then require I create a route list as well? If this was multipled times a 100 that starts becoming unmanageable when the end-goal is to just have 1 extension ring down to the router and back.

Perhaps I'm not thinking about it correctly. Here's the scenario...

Hardware

2911 Router - CUBE Licensed, PVDM installed

4-Port FXS Card - I'd like to connect 4 lines to an analog 4-line phone system.

4-Port FXO Card - For POTS Failover on SIP failure

Inbound

The SIP gateway would only need 1 extension sent to it, example x5000. When x5000 is called it should be passed down to the the SIP gateway and then start hunting on the 4 FXS ports.

Outbound

All outbound traffic will be passed to CUCM for processing. If CUCM is unreachable, calls will be sent via a POTS line connected to 4-Port FXO card.

Have I completely overthought the design? I've dug so deep into this I feel like I may have looked over something much simpler. Thanks for your help!

Any additional thoughts on this? Thanks again for your insight.

Hello raymond00,

Could you finish your SIP Trunk configuration to ITSP? I have the same problem. I´m going to install a 2911 gateway to ITSP by SIP Trunk. This gateway will be registered on UCM. I want UCM hands all inbound and outbound calls. 

My topology: UCM > Trunk > Gateway > SIP Trunk > ITSP

Could you tell us your experience or your configuration file about it?

hello Team,
Are you able to register your analog card to CUCM as SIP or some other configuation.. just want to understand.. how analog card will be work on this scenarion.
I have 2901 VG router with VIC3-2FXS/DID card..
Not sure how the fax will work