Views
Helpful
Replies

Some Agents - No Chat Feature Available

tommydubs
Level 1
Level 1

HI Folks,

I have an issue where some agents, configured exactly like others that are working, are not able to use the chat client and do not appear to others on the same team in their chat windows.  If one of those users with this issue attempts to open their chat client, it does open, but only one user is listed for them to chat with (there should be many) and when I attempt to chat with that person, it errors out saying "Error communicating" and disallows any other function other then to close it.

Doing some research, I came across this site ->

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008035309f.shtml

From that, I've attempted disabling windows firewall, reinstalling the agent for those users, and other steps recommended from that link but still experiening this issue.  Again, it's only for certain agents, people sitting right next to this users configured the same way are all working just fine.  Any ideas or suggestions to resolve this?

Running Cisco Agent Desktop build 8.5.1.312

Thanks!

Tommy

1 Reply 1

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I have this issue with 8.5 SU2. the agents have Macafee HIPS. HIPS affects the call recording using calabrio AQM and it also affects the chat. the recording was solved by opening ports and update the HIPS.

I think your issue is related to network ports

HTH

Anas

please don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: