Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed Dial Display is wrong

Hi Community,

I have added some Ext / Mob numbers to a Cisco 8841 Phone as additional line for speed dial purpose . But on the display its still showing old numbers.

Attching the screenshot for your reference.

19 Replies 19

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Two other ideas:

• Ensure there is not an ITL problem that would prevent the phone from accepting a new config file from CUCM.
  • In recent firmware versions speed dials can be set locally on the phone. This local config takes precedent over CUCM so you would need to delete them directly on the phone.

Thanks for the reply. How to delete them from the Phone.

I included links to the relevant documentation.

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

The problem you're describing above sounds very similar to a problem we have where users can press and hold a speed dial or busy lamp button on their phone and override what is programmed in CUCM.  This on-device programming doesn't reflect in CUCM for the admin to see.  Here's a link to a post from last year with more information.  So far we can't get a Cisco engineer/developer to agree this an an issue that needs to be addressed.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/how-to-disable-define-favorites-from-the-phone-8811/m-p/4583313#M403108 

Response Signature

Thanks Kathy for your response. What I have understood from the link you shave shared is, this issue wouldn't have come if the speed dial was configured from the self-portal. Since it's configured from the CUCM that is why we are facing this right?