Views
Helpful
Replies

Stream World Cup Football results to phone

gbljoba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Possibly a strange request but HR have asked what can IT do to provide employees with live football results without having to leave their desk or surf the net all day. My first thought was to stream the results in a marqee style to the IP phone which i know is possible for stocks, traffic etc but has anyone seen anything for football results (world cup)?

My skills in this area are really limited unfortunatly.

Best wishes

Jon

3 Replies 3

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

you could locate a RSS feed for the results and use something like rss2cisco to convert it into a format readable from ipphones

FIFA's RSS might do the work: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/rss.xml

wlee26371
Level 1
Level 1

To stream World Cup football results to your phone, start by downloading a dedicated sports app like ESPN, FIFA's official app, or another reputable sports news application. These apps often provide not just live scores and match updates, but also detailed analysis and sometimes live commentary. Make sure to enable notifications for live scores and crucial match events in the app settings to get real-time updates. Additionally, you can also utilize general news apps that cover sports events, or follow the World Cup on social media platforms for timely updates. For those interested in live streaming of matches, subscribing to a streaming service that offers live sports, such as Sling TV, Hulu with Live TV, or YouTube TV, is a good option. Check also if your mobile carrier provides any special streaming packages for sports events. Keep in mind that streaming live sports typically uses a significant amount of data, so it's advisable to connect to Wi-Fi or ensure your mobile data plan can handle the streaming demands to avoid extra charges.