Views
Helpful
Replies

Syntax for Voice translation rules on a Cisco ASR 1006 vs. Cisco 3925 CUBE

stevepnoble13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a fairly minor, but annoying issue with configuring some translation patterns on my ASR 1006 that is acting as a CUBE.

I'm attempting to prepend an area code and extension to a 5-digit dialed number. My translation pattern on my CUBE looks like this:

/^3....$/ /55512&/

This replaces an extension (as an example, 34567) a number that's routable - 555-123-4567

However, trying this on my ASR, I cannot use the same pattern, as I get an invalid syntax error if I include the $ in the match pattern. So /^3....$/ gives a syntax error at the start of the first match, but /^3..../ does not.

The issue with leaving it as /^3..../ is that if I have a number that starts with 3 and is MORE than 5 digits, it still prepends the 55512 to that number.

So my question is, what is the appropriate syntax on the ASR to ensure that the translation rule matches only a 5 digit number? Or have I encountered a bug?

5 Replies 5

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Sounds like a defect. What code are you running on the ASR ?

Top of show ver:

border1-rt#sh ver
Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 03.13.03.S - Extended Support Release
Cisco IOS Software, ASR1000 Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.4(3)S3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2015 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Thu 28-May-15 14:24 by mcpre

That is a pretty old code. I can look for a defect but the recommendation would be to upgrade to a more recent code, for stability sake.

Actually, it was very simple.

I talked to TAC, they suggested turning off "shell processing full". Apparently these ASRs have a shell interpreter built into them. All I had to do was escape the $ character in my match.

So the correct command was /^3....\$/ /55512&/

Might be useful for anyone else who runs into this problem

Ahhh .... I remember that one. Had encountered once on a 4k. Bad memory, lol! Good that things are sorted out for you now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: