cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 line to Communcation Manager Express

valides007
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Communcation Manager Express running on 2 routers (cisco 2951): one active and another standby for redundancy.

I contacted AT&T to get the T1 line for the WIC card and they get back to me with a form to be filled. I'm having some hard time to understand two of the questions they need answers for:

• ISSDN Version: National 1 or National 2

In CME i have ISDN switch configured as primary-ni. Is this national 1 or national 2?

• D-Channel Configuration: D Channel Per T, Shared D Channel for T1's or Shared D Channel + B/U.

Which one of the 3 should I pick? I need both routers to be on the T1 line. When the active router goes offline, the second will become active and all calls will be routed through the same T1.

2 Replies 2

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, you want ni2 and d channel per T1 otherwise known as package 1 or PRAS1 in att vernacular.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Brandon's da man, he even speaks telco lingo!

I can add the share D chans are know are NFAS. you do not want them with CME. Also having a T1 just redudncacy is largely usels. In the very unlikely event the router fails, just manually switch the circuit to the backup CME.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: