Views
Helpful
Replies

Third party program for directories

mohican4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anybody know any good software for directories and caller ID?

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you expand on your needs ?

I need a directory service in which I can store phone numbers of my customers in an easy and editable way.

Also I want caller ID service for that directory.

I have cucm 8.5

For directory, CM supports AD integration as documented in manuals.

For caller ID service, you can use my script number2name (HTTP), that will interrogate a web server with AD access.

www.ciscoscripts.com

Yes you can intergrate AD with cucm but you cannot import contacts, only users so it is not so usefull because I have 1000 customers which I want to store their numbers. I don't think it is proper to create 1000 users in AD.

I don't see anything wrong is creating many users in AD if that solves your need, however the number2name script I wrote do not depends by AD. You can use any software you want for the database, as the script will make an HTTP query to resolve a number.

For the external directory, that can be integrated too, my module uses AD, but something else could be easily adapted too.

So you say that your script can match names from any database?

As for the AD I cannot understand why there is not an easy way to just store your contacts in a directory and easily use it. I have used a lot of different pbx(panasonic,siemens,asterisk) and they all have such services in a simple way .

Yes, with minor modfications my scripts can use any data source for both directory and caller ID name.

Hi Patrick

Yes, that is a drawback of the default integration.

It is possible to modify the default LDAP filter so that contacts are imported.

This has the following interesting side effects/features/drawbacks:

- Contacts imported from LDAP are 'users' in CUCM - so can appear in directories, have assocaitions and group memberships

- Those users can log in to EM using the PIN (stored in AD) but not to other applications that require passwords as the password is authenticated against AD, and contact objects don't have ability to authenticate in AD

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

we have used the LDAP filter, but using the "Person" type in LDAP: using customized filter you can

- import AD account objects you have in your AD domain for instance for internal users (creating a filter for objectClass=SamAccount)

- import Person/Contact objects, for instance related to Corporate Directory (objectclass=Contact or objectclass=Person)

To do so, you have to map the CUCM UserID field to a unique field in the AD tree, different from the samaccountname: the samaccount exists only for Account objects. We have used the mail field and everything works as expected.
The only trouble we have is that, by using Cisco standard features, is not possible to have a "Corporate Directory" for phones and a operator_only_directory for CUEAC