cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfers with external numbers

lfy62684
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! We have a problem with transfers in cisco. We use a Cisco UCM and have SIP numbers there.

Need to make a transfer function, but if we have an external number, we get a 404 error.

Steps:

1. User A (SIP) has a call with User B (any mobile number)

2. User A wants to transfer a call to User C (SIP)

3. When User A try to transfer, he gets a 404 not Found error.

This case works correctly if User B has a SIP number.

What can I change in CUCM settings to allow external numbers participate in transfers?

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,
I don't believe, that your problem has anything to do with SIP or not SIP.
404 means "Not found", so you probably cannot dial the number of the user C.

Is User A able to dial the number of User C? Have you checked the call routing with the DNA tool or checked the logs in RTMT?

Without anymore info, it's hard to help you find the root cause and provide you any solution.

Well, the poster says that transfers work if both phones (User A and User B) are internal. So that implies that User A can transfer a call to User C generally speaking. But it does not work with calls where User B is external.

I'm wondering about the REFER message generated by the transfer. If there are any other systems involved besides just CUCM and the SIP trunk, you may need to configure the SIP trunk with a Rerouting CSS. If it is only the two systems, this should not be an issue.

Also check the CSS on the trunk that it has the partition of User C in it. Again, this is primarily if other systems are involved like an IVR or CVP.

Do you have Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Outbound and/or Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Inbound checked?

Maren