Views
Helpful
Replies

Translate Extenal DID to Internal Ext

gavinr98
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Need some help. We have a bunch of DID's that have a number 424-865-63XX and we want to change the number when called to a different extension when it is called. For example, when someone calls 424-865-6380 we want it to ring on internal ext 3380. Any idea how we can do this in CUCM.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

With translation patterns. Either individual if there is no joint correlation between the DID and the directory number (extension), or wild card matching if parts of the DID is reused in the directory numbers and the replacement part is equal across the board.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

With translation patterns. Either individual if there is no joint correlation between the DID and the directory number (extension), or wild card matching if parts of the DID is reused in the directory numbers and the replacement part is equal across the board.

Response Signature

Thats what I was trying to use, but for some reason when I call the external number lets say its  (424) 555-1111 and the internal extension on the phone is 2211, it will not ring on that extension. Under translation pattern, I have 4245551111 and then under Called Party Transform Mask I have 2211, but it will never ring on 2211, so not sure what I am missing. 

Confirm that 424 555 1111 is hitting your CUBE and determine what the service provider is sending you as far as digits go.  If ITSP (SIP) connection you should be getting 10 digits, if you are using PRI you may only be getting 4 digits.

That translation pattern needs a CSS and a partition.

The concept you have detailed in your translation pattern example is correct, providing you are translating what the service provider is sending you.

- Make sure the ISP is sending you full DID when calling. Debug from gateway and see what called number ISP is sending. I have seen ISP sending last 4 Digit, 3 Digit etc.. If ISP is sending only last 4 digit, your pattern will not get applied.

- if extension 2211 is in a partition,  Make sure your translation pattern has calling search space assigned which can access the DN partition.

- Run a DNA and see the call flow. If this is showing blocked pattern on allowed pattern and see the call flow.

I prefer to do this on the gateway level.

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /42455522\(..\)/ /22\1/

voice translation-profile incom
translate called 1
!

Apply translation profile in the  Dial-peer or voice port.

Response Signature

If you're reworking an existing configuration where all previous DDIs matched, make sure your trunk isn't set to route only on last four digits.  If it us then your translation pattern needs to match on 1111 rather than the full 10 digits.

You could post up the call from from Dialled Number Analyser for one of your working DDIs.

As others has already suggested make these verification's.

1. Is the call hitting the voice gateway?
  2. How is the service provider sending called number?
    1. Match the format of the sent called number on the match part in later steps.
  3. Decide on where you want to do the modification of the called number. As @Nithin Eluvathingal I too prefer to do it in the gateway with voice translations profile and rules.
    1. Check gateway or trunk configuration in CM to see if your doing any modification of called number there, for example keep last 4 digits or something similar.
    2. If you do stick with translation in CM check the gateway or trunk configuration in CM so that the inbound CSS has visibility of the partition where the TPs are kept.
      1. If you do the above check that the CSS set as the outbound CSS on the TPs has visibility of the partition where the directory numbers are kept.
    3. If you do the called number modification on the gateway check the gateway or trunk configuration in CM so that the inbound CSS has visibility of the partition where the directory numbers are kept.
  4. If the above does not work do a DNA for the call with the gateway or trunk as the calling entity and put in the called number as the identified format that is send from your VGW to the CM and please post the result for this as a screenshot.

Response Signature

Thanks all, the translation pattern worked.