Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation pattern outside dialtone

Yuriy Ivkin
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

I tried to configure translation pattern, which translate 4 digit number into 10 digit national format. I expected that call made through this TP will be routed farther, but instead i heard outside dialtone (checkbox was unchecked). Could anyone explain, why that happened ? Thanks in advance for your answers.

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What do you mean by "TP will be routed farther" Did you check "urgent priority" (it is be checked by default), if you are hearing outside dial tone that means you are running into overlap patterns..There is a pattern macthed that is similar to the TP. Use route plan report to see which similar pattern matches and uncheck outdise dial tone on it

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

>What do you mean by "TP will be routed farther"

I mean call with translated called number will be routed further (Next loop of match with dialplan).

>Did you check "urgent priority"

Yes, it was checked on TP.

>There is a pattern macthed that is similar to the TP.

No, there isn't. I cheked that. Could be problem, that translated called number matched to route pattern which looks like this: 011.!. But there is another one, which looks like this: 011.!#. And because of that i got outside dialtone ?

Use DNA to find out exactly what you're matching in your dial plan.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Greetings!

The problem definitely not in overlap patterns. If i create route pattern with the same DN and call, i get right on it.

That's solve problem, but i want to understand, why solution with TP don't work.