Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation rules help

KBCISCO
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Hope a voice guy can give me some advice on this.

The company I work for supports various different sites that have their own CME. We would like to configure each CME so that if anyone were to dial the number 50000 it would dial our Servicedesk's pstn number.

One way I thought of doing this is to create a directory on the CME with the number of 50000 and then configure this directory to forward all calls to the Servicedesk phone number.

The above method should work ok for the majority of the sites that have 5 digit extensions but i'm not sure how this would work for our sites that have a 4 digit extension.

Is there a way of modifying the translation rules so that whena user dials 50000 it will wait until the fifth number is dialed before trying to make the call and for every other number dialed it will make the call after the fourth digit?

I have pasted an example of the translation rules for one of sites that uses only four number extensions.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 // /00/ type national national

rule 2 // /00011/ type international international

!

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^0\.*/ /\1/

!

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /^\.*/ /087258\1/

!

voice translation-rule 4

rule 1 /^7258/ //

!

!

voice translation-profile PSTN-Incoming

translate calling 1

translate called 4

!

voice translation-profile PSTN-Outgoing

translate calling 3

translate called 2

Cheers

K

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

V.Naveen Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This Translation rules is wonderful config. which changes as you like n as you wanted.

you can translate two things 1. calling number 2. called number

as you are using four digit for one site n five digit for other site.

you can translate four digit into five digit bt remember five digit (50000) should be able to forward it (Make sure you Config it)

voice translation-rule 1       or     voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /1234/ /50000/                rule 1 /5000/ /50000/

So, user can dial 5000 r 1234 n it will  be translated to 50000.

better user can use diff digit from one site and it will be good to translate diff digit as requires. (50000)

test it by using this command ==> test voice translation-rule 1 1234

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

V.Naveen Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This Translation rules is wonderful config. which changes as you like n as you wanted.

you can translate two things 1. calling number 2. called number

as you are using four digit for one site n five digit for other site.

you can translate four digit into five digit bt remember five digit (50000) should be able to forward it (Make sure you Config it)

voice translation-rule 1       or     voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /1234/ /50000/                rule 1 /5000/ /50000/

So, user can dial 5000 r 1234 n it will  be translated to 50000.

better user can use diff digit from one site and it will be good to translate diff digit as requires. (50000)

test it by using this command ==> test voice translation-rule 1 1234

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On each CCME, configure an ephone-dn with 50000 and then configure a fwdall to your service desk pstn number

e.g

ephone-dn 100

number 50000

call-forward all XXXXXXXXX (where xxxxx is your service desk pstn number)

Have your tried this approach?

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: