cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting Voice Enabled Directory Handlers

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

How can I figure out which voicemail boxes (aliases) are returned in a Directory Handler search? Is there a log file that shows search details?

I have a voice enabled directory handler. A certain username (Sam Smith) gives two returns. One of these is a legitimate user account, the other transfers to a phone without voicemail. I can't figure out how it is selecting the second number.

I looked at Remote Port Status Monitor, and it shows the directory handler recognizes the name (Sam Smith), then transfers to the wrong number. It does not list the aliases returned by the directory search.

I always assumed that the voice enabled directory was looking at the "Display Name" field. However, there is only one account with display name of Sam Smith.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Randy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

Problem Solved. It turns out the User was also listed as a Contact. This is why it didn't show up in the User Data Dump. We have a few users that need to be listed in the Directory, but don't need voicemail. These are listed as Contacts. Sam Smith later requested a voicemail account, but the Contact wasn't deleted.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

randy

I would stick a local user in called sam smith abviously with a different alias, and start changing the atributes of this user until you no longer pick it up in the directory handler. this way you know which atributes decides the search.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

You could do it by determining the search parameter used by the Directory Handler (search space, distribution list, etc.), doing a BAT export of users, and sorting on that field. I'm saying this off the top of my head and I think it should work, but I haven't tried it out myself.

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

I'll add some more info:

1. I ran a User Data Dump, and there is only one Sam Smith listed.

2. CallManager CDR confirms that calls to the wrong number are coming directly from Unity, not forwarded from another phone.

3. In the directory, the wrong Sam Smith has the computer generated recorded name, the correct Sam Smith has the user's voice.

At this point I'm wondering if this isn't a database or cluster replication issue.

//Randy

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

Problem Solved. It turns out the User was also listed as a Contact. This is why it didn't show up in the User Data Dump. We have a few users that need to be listed in the Directory, but don't need voicemail. These are listed as Contacts. Sam Smith later requested a voicemail account, but the Contact wasn't deleted.