Views
Helpful
Replies

Two phone numbers showing same caller id

Yenosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have two phones , Phone A and phone B. Phone A has extension 123 with caller id 123 and phone b has extension and caller id 456 but when i make a call from phone A it shows caller id 456 and i verified external phone number mask and it is fine .

Pleas look into this and do the needful.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If its showing your DID pilot umber, I think it many be your ISP is translating the number.

If you send calling informations other than your DID range Most ISP either  translate to Pilot number  or Disconnect the call. 

You need to see from gateway, if its sending correct calling information to ISP

Response Signature

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Is it while calling or connected showing wrong number ? Check caller-id on line and 

Use Dialled Number Analysis(DNA)  to see the call flow. 

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

I have performed DNA and external number mask on the phone is good , I collected call manager logs and verified all are coming up with the caller id that supposed to display but when we call out it is displaying different number.

External Phone number mask as nothing to do with internal calls.  What about the caller-id filed on extension and line? does that configured with correct information ?

Response Signature

Nithin,

Issues with external calls not with internal calls, the numbers I have mentioned are the example number on the description:

Best regards,

yenosh

Can you explain the scenario a little more ? 

Its not clear about your actual issues. When you says phone A with  extensions and phone with Extensions we normally consider this as an internal calls. 

If its going through a gateway, did you check your gateway and confirmed that the you are sending correct  calling informations  to ISP ? 

Response Signature

ok Nithin,

I have multiple phones at location, whenever they call external numbers they should their DID numbers. All phones are working fine, but only one phone is showing some other phones DID number when calling outside.

CUCM is sending correct number, I don't have g/w access i am checking with corresponding team.  I ll post the update once i receive any update from them

If "456" in your example is perhaps the main billing account number, then perhaps the DID is not part of your range, or on your account records, and being masked by your TSP.

If its showing your DID pilot umber, I think it many be your ISP is translating the number.

If you send calling informations other than your DID range Most ISP either  translate to Pilot number  or Disconnect the call. 

You need to see from gateway, if its sending correct calling information to ISP

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Verified VG logs and we are sending good caller id to service provider, reported issue with ISP some how they are ale to fix it. I am still confused how they missed only one number out of 1000.

Thanks for your help. Issue fixed.

Such issues are expected from ISP. 

Response Signature