Views
Helpful
Replies

%UC_CALLMANAGER-3-DeviceTransientConnection

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

We're running CUCM 8.5.1.11900-21.

We're  getting a lot of %UC_CALLMANAGER-3-DeviceTransientConnection errors in  our subscriber syslogs.  They all come from VG204 gateways.  The full  error is:

Feb  28 12:41:30, mysub, Error, Cisco CallManager, ccm: 13219: mysub: Feb 28  2013 17:41:30.971 UTC : %UC_CALLMANAGER-3-DeviceTransientConnection:  %[ConnectingPort=2000][DeviceName=ANMAC000][IPAddress=10.10.10.10][DeviceType=30027][Reason=6][Protocol=SCCP][IPAddrAttributes=2][UNKNOWN_PARAMNAME:LastSignalReceived=StationClose][UNKNOWN_PARAMNAME:StationState=wait_capabilities][ClusterID=StandAloneCluster][NodeID=mysub]:  A device attempted to register but did not complete registration, 57

However  the devices appear to be registering/functioning just fine.  I just  wanted to investigate these errors and clean them up if possible.  I did  find this article about similar errors ATA devices configured as  SKINNY: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-2411  But that doesn't seem to apply here.  We're SCCP, and all the analog ports are configured/registered.

Anything else I could look at?

Thanks

Bill

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First off, SCCP and SKINNY are the same protocol. It's technically called Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) but everyone calls it Skinny because it sounds less soviet.

The instructions provided in that document are valid. Are all of the ports on the VG204 built in CUCM? The gateway will attempt to register every port constantly. If CUCM doesn't have a configuration for that port it denies the registration which results in a transient connection. The net effect is essentially a DoS attack of CUCM. These alarms are warning of that occurring. Best practice is to always build all ports on SCCP/MGCP gateways, even if you don't intend to use them right away.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the clarification of SCCP

Yes, I've confirmed all four ports of the VG204 are built/registered in CUCM. 

Bill