Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 and custom CTI

FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are currently evaluating to replace our asterisk server with a new nice and shiny UC560.

Due to very high security demands in our network we actually have two physically separated networks. One only for our work, which is NOT connected to the internet and another network which IS connected to the internet for our e-mail etc.

While the telephony solution sits within the "internet-network", we need to initiated calls from our "work-network" where our self-written ERP system resides.

My current soultion for this problem is: Our ERP-Server has a 9600bps rs232 connection to a server in our internet-network. When a person clicks a phone-number in our ERP-system, the extension and the number to dial is sent over the serial cable to a perl-daemon. Once the perl-daemon gets a call request it connects via CLI to our asterisk server and issues a call request. the phone of the person who initiated the call starts to ring, once the person takes off the hook asterisk dials the number.

I need to know if I can "easily" replicate such behaviour with an UC560. Is it possible to initiated calls throug telnet or web CLI (as described above) on the UC560?

thanks for your help.

regards

Fabian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, uc500 and CME support automated calling using different methods, phone API, MS TAPI, and more recently, CSTA.

All these are fully documented and you can search to learn about.

However there is no way to simply start a call with a command line.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, uc500 and CME support automated calling using different methods, phone API, MS TAPI, and more recently, CSTA.

All these are fully documented and you can search to learn about.

However there is no way to simply start a call with a command line.