Views
Helpful
Replies

uc560 multisite solution

gonzalo-castro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Our customer needs to connect 10 sites, 1 principal (HQ)  with 102 ip phones and 50 softphones for different users,  and 9 sites more  with 6 to 12 ip phone users and 2 softphone each.

The questions are:

1) May I use uc560 and 540 in a multisite arquitecture?

2) How many sites could be interconnected?

3) is it Possible and good to have HQ with 2 UC560 connected at the same location in order to support the 152 users?

4) Offcorse the customer's expectative is to have 4 digits dialing for internal calls, and outgoing calls to the pstn just by the HQ office.

I donb´t know but for me these all stuff is amazing,

will all this work?

I appreciate your comments,

REgards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

That is referred when having one UC500 in each location, that is not your case, in which you can have as many remote branches as you want.

You would use an ISR G2 router in CME.

Note again you need to work with an expert on this, because it is not a simple matter, and as more answers your receive, as more questions you will have.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

CME supports up to 450 phones on the 3945E. There is no reason to not recommend that, I have installations of similar size that work perfectly, and saved an huge amount of money and work to the customer.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1 yes.

2. virtually there is no limit.

3 not good. In reality, the 144 user license will support 152 as well. For more, use ISR G2 router, not UC500.

4. normally possible.

Note: it is extremly important is that you have a reputable professional, or UC certified cisco partner, do the design and configuration. Oherwise, you can make costly mistakes, loose much time, produce poor results,and upset the customer.

Paolo,

Thanks for your answer,

just 3 questions,

What does it mean the limit to 5 in sites and locations for UC500?,

when you said Virtually no limits, you mean more than 5 uc500 is possible?

2) could you please explain to me what arquitecture you mean when you sai "use ISR G2 router"? (SRST Moed? or CME mode?) could you please,

I appreciate,

GCA

That is referred when having one UC500 in each location, that is not your case, in which you can have as many remote branches as you want.

You would use an ISR G2 router in CME.

Note again you need to work with an expert on this, because it is not a simple matter, and as more answers your receive, as more questions you will have.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Gonzalo adding some comments to you question:

You can install a many uc500 you need. But remember this is a solution not designed to support an hub a spoke architecture so you will have a bunch of sip trunk interconnecting those UC500. As you can see it is not a straightforward solution.

About CME, both UC500 and CME share same technical features ( actually CME is little bit powerful) but the main difference is that CME can support more than 500 users ( no recommended of course)

But for this design te best you can do is go with a small business expert on Cisco.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

CME supports up to 450 phones on the 3945E. There is no reason to not recommend that, I have installations of similar size that work perfectly, and saved an huge amount of money and work to the customer.