Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Mixed licenses - easy one

davethehedgehog
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I think I know the answer to this, but wouldn't mind confirming.. Can I run a UCCX with mixed licenses, say 30 standard and 30 premium.

UCCX deducts a premium license for each user using premium features, say agent desktop, and a standard for the others?

3 Replies 3

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Dave

Nope... sorry. UCCX licensing is cluster based. You can only have a single license type (Standard, Enhanced, Premium) on a single cluster.

HTH

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Hmmm, I knew that was the case for the server license, but I wasn't sure if it propogated to users. I thought you could run a premium cluster and have some standard licenses on there. That's annoying!

Barry is correct, the user licenses are what decides the "cluster" license as that is really all you apply besides HA licenses. So, if you have Standard user license installed and install Premium user licenses the cluster will be converted to premium but you will only get the number of agent licenses that came with the second premium file.

The reason for this is prerry simply, the license does not drive agent features, but rather server features, i.e. database integation, outbound dialer, etc, etc.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris