Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCK9 vs AdvUCSuiteK9

Can someone please explain what do you get with just the UCK9 license ? 

UCK9 :

AdvUCSuiteK9: uck9, cme-srst, cube

Currently I have a 4331 (IOS XE 16.09.04, not on smart license) that I am using for data and want to use it as a CUBE, do not need CME or SRST. This is what I have currently:

Suite License Information for Module:'esg'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suite Suite Current Type Suite Next reboot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FoundationSuiteK9 None None None
securityk9
appxk9

AdvUCSuiteK9 None None None
uck9
cme-srst
cube

Technology Package License Information:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Technology Technology-package Technology-package
Current Type Next reboot
------------------------------------------------------------------
appxk9 appxk9 Permanent appxk9
uck9 None None None
securityk9 securityk9 Permanent securityk9
ipbase ipbasek9 Permanent ipbasek9

Can I purchase UCK9 and not need the AdvUCSuiteK9 and still make the 4331 a CUBE ? Would I need to purchase session license  [FL-CUBEE-5(=)] ? 

I know with AdvUCSuiteK9 you get the cube license but do we need to purchase the session license  [FL-CUBEE-5(=)] separately ?

Sorry, if this feels like a repeat question but I couldn't find a clear explanation anywhere.

12 Replies 12

To run an SBC (Cube) you do not need the AdvUC license, however you do need to have the FL-CUBE for the SIP sessions that you plan on using on your SBC.

Response Signature

Thank you for the quick reply, so only CUBE session license no UCK9 license ?

What do you get with the UCK9 license ?

I did not mention the UCK9 in my response, so maybe I was unclear. You’ll need both UCK9 and the FL-CUBE licenses to run an SBC.

Response Signature

You need both UCk9 and Cube license.

uck9 unified communications technology activates the UC features. This activate all voice related commands on your router.

Based on the cube deployment mode purchase required CUBE license.

Go through Cube data sheet to learn more about the CUBE license.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-border-element/data-sheet-c78-729692.html

Screenshot 2022-10-20 063220.png

Response Signature

Can we make a sip trunk with SP with only UCK9 and without CUBE license?

You can create the trunk as such, but without session licenses you would not be able to pass any calls via it. At least not without breaking license agreement. So my response would be no you can't.

Response Signature

You must have the cube licenses.

Response Signature

@Nithin Eluvathingal  from which version, it's must have a cube license for running SIP trunk with SP?

Any version that uses Smart Licensing. Before SL it was an honor based license, meaning that you did need it, but there was nothing that would stop it if you did not have it as there was no check.

Response Signature

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

You do need both uck9 and CUBE licenses. 
uck9 enables gateway functionalities on your router.
CUBE licenses determine the number of concurrent voip calls.

Faisal.Saoud
Level 3
Level 3

Folks,

I have these part numbers L-CUBE and CUBE14-T-STD on the smart account, Are these part numbers for a perpetual license of CUBE? if it reaches to the end contract, the service will still be running ?

Your question is off-topic to the OP question. Please create your own post to ask this.

Response Signature