Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete Partition in Call Manager 5.1.3

Hi all,

IĀ“ve a problem for deleting a no used Partition in my Call Manager 5.1.3.

IĀ“ve checked no dependency records are associated to my Partition but I receive this error: Delete failed. The pkid column in the routepartition table in the database is being referenced from another table. Please check the dependency records and remove the reference and the try the delete again.

Checking dependency records I get the following message: 0 Record(s) are using Partition: PT_Porto

I think I should verify the dependencies in SQL via CLI but many years ago I donĀ“t use SQL. Can someone help me with the commands? Is there an alternative way to do this?

Many thanks for your help mates, really appreciated.

PRO.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey PRO,

Hope you had good time during holidays....

yes, if you have any other device pool, you may update this entry with the new Device pool.

Once done, try to the delete the DP in question.

Hope this helps.

Please revert incase of any query.

Regards

-Jayant

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

kusatija
Level 1
Level 1

Hi PRO,

If you are sure that the partition is not being associated to any DN, or other reference, try the following command from the CLI:

run sql delete from routepartition where pkid = 'pkid'

HTH
Kunal

Hi Kunal,

Many thanks for your response, before to try this. IĀ“d like check the references via cli to release exactly the reference which is causing the issue.

If you can please, can you tell me how can I do this?

Many thanks for your time.

PRO.

Hello PRO,

Please try running the following command:

run sql select DNOrPattern from NumPlan, RoutePartition where RoutePartition.pkid= NumPlan.fkRoutePartition and RoutePartition.Name like 'PT_Porto'

This should give you the output of associated reference.

If it gives a positive result, you may delete it or remove the reference and then delete the partition.

Please keep me updated with the results.

Regards

Jayant

Hello Jayant,

First of all, many thanks for your help.

When I use this command I get the following information:

admin:run sql select DNOrPattern from NumPlan, RoutePartition where RoutePartition.pkid= NumPlan.fkRoutePartition and RoutePartition.Name like 'PT_Porto'

dnorpattern

===============

Porto Line 7941

It seems the line of an IP phone 7941 is using the PT_Porto, so the command must be:

run sql delete from NumPlan, RoutePartition where RoutePartition.pkid= NumPlan.fkRoutePartition and RoutePartition.Line like Porto

ItĀ“s correct?

Thanks.

PRO

Hello Jayant,

First of all, many thanks for your help.

When I use this command I get the following information:

admin:run sql select DNOrPattern from NumPlan, RoutePartition where RoutePartition.pkid= NumPlan.fkRoutePartition and RoutePartition.Name like 'PT_Porto'

dnorpattern

===============

Porto Line 7941

It seems the line of an IP phone 7941 is using the PT_Porto, so the command must be:

run sql delete from NumPlan, RoutePartition where RoutePartition.pkid= NumPlan.fkRoutePartition and RoutePartition.Line like Porto

ItĀ“s correct?

Thanks.

Pablo

Hello Pablo,

You may try the following:

run sql delete from Numplan where dnorpattern='Porto Line 7941'

or 

run sql delete from Numplan where dnorpattern='Porto'

Let me know the results.

Regards
Jayant

Hello Jayant,

You gave the solution to this problem and now I can delete the Partitions. Last question, I have the same problem with a Device Pool, I see

Device Pool:  

DP_Pozuelo_1  (1 members**)

When I check Dependency records, I see 0 records and when I try to remove the device pool I see:

Delete failed. The pkid column in the devicepool table in the database is being referenced from another table. Please check the dependency records and remove the reference and then try the delete again.
Device Pool:  

DP_Pozuelo_1  (0 members**)

If you donĀ“t mind please let me know how can I check the dependency via CLI and remove this device pool.

Of course you have the maximun score from me.

Many thanks for your help mate.

PRO.

Hey PRO,

It seems the device pool is associated somewhere to the default device pool.

However to find out, we will need to run and update sql entries,

For the starters, please run the following query to find out where the device pool is pointing to.

run sql select * from devicepool where name = 'DP_Pozuelo_1'

This shall give you a pkid in the first column

Please run the following query:

run sql select * from defaults where fkdevicepool='pkid from 1st column'

Please let me know the output for further steps.

Regards

Jayant

Hi Jayant,

I donĀ“t get any results to run the query, here you have the output:

admin:run sql select * from defaults where fkdevicepool='1655eb40-84ee-4974-9e52-ec9a365a0403'
pkid tkmodel loadinformation fkdevicepool fkphonetemplate tkdeviceprotocol resettoggle tkreset versionstamp
==== ======= =============== ============ =============== ================ =========== ======= ============

Many thanks mate.

Hey Pablo,

Please send me the output for :

Regards

Jayant

Hey Pablo,

Also, Please check if the device pool in question is listed under device defaults.

Regards

Jayant

Hey Jayant,

Please find attached a txt file with the output.of the command:

Related to your second comment " Please check if the device pool in question is listed under device defaults" I donĀ“t understand what you mean.

Many thanks for your help.

PRO

Hey PRO,

You may check if there is any device associated with the device pool;

run sql select * from device where fkdevicepool ='1655eb40-84ee-4974-9e52-ec9a365a0403'

If not, do let me know if you need to find out the exact dependency.

Else we can always update the device pool dependency and then delete it.

By updating i mean, whatever is being mapped to the device pool which we need to delete, we can update that to the existing or default device pool and then delete it.

Please let me know if you need to do the above mentioned workaround.

Regards

Jayant

Hi Jayant,

Please find attached a file with the device associated output. It seems there is a relation with a phone (a 7936 model, ip conference station). However I donĀ“t find any related.

Yes, if the only way to remove the DP is updating the dependencies, IĀ“d like go ahead with it.

Many thanks Jayant.

PRO.