Views
Helpful
Replies

Unallocated/unassigned number

Yangjp715
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I'm doing a project for our London office. The weird thing is that i could not make any outgoing call. I checked the configurations of GW and CUCM, especially CSS and ISDN type. it seems all are good. I changed the calling number to E.164 or 10 digit number, it still does not work. Any advices would be appreciated.

PS. The CSS of the testing extension is the same as GWs'.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

disconnect is coming in from provider, did you check with the provider what exactly they are expecting in calling and called party number along with plan & type. they would be best to tell why they are disconnecting this call and what changes need to be applied if required either side.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

i was to see the debug output now. the disconnect comes from telco as they are not happy with the calling/called number which you gateway is sending. please check with telco what numbers and length of digits they are expecting for this to work.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It was difficult to look in the attached screenshot. I faced a similar issue when i was configuring my internal lab and later realized that on outbound pots dial-peer i forgot to mention "forward digit all" and debugs showed the same error of unallocated number from PSTN side. Suggesting you to check the same.

Hi Warundeep,

Thanks for the quick reply. I think there is no issue with dial-peers.

disconnect is coming in from provider, did you check with the provider what exactly they are expecting in calling and called party number along with plan & type. they would be best to tell why they are disconnecting this call and what changes need to be applied if required either side.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

i was to see the debug output now. the disconnect comes from telco as they are not happy with the calling/called number which you gateway is sending. please check with telco what numbers and length of digits they are expecting for this to work.

Diego Chvz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

It seems like your telco provider is saying that you have dialed an incorrect number. I can see that the call type is International so make sure that the number you are dialling is correct (Correct format). You can try some other International numbers as well!!! It will be helpful if you send your show run..

Regards!

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Eric, as others had correctly pointed out this to be an issue on the Telco side I just noticed the calling number is going out as only 4 digits i.e., 2340. While you are waiting to sort this out with your Telco can you try sending a valid Calling Number applicable where you are. Also, it will be worth to try calling these numbers from a cell phone just to ensure the issue in on CM and not with the actual dialed numbers itself.

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: