cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.0 Build 7.0(2) Greetings Question

hanluc6933
Level 1
Level 1

Question regarding unity 7.0 build 7.0(2).  When logging into voicemail the system prompts you with the number of new messages.  The system then goes into playing the new messages.  Is there a way to provide callers with an option to listen to new or old messages without going straight into playing the new messages?  I know you can press option 3 right at the core menu to skip straight to the saved messages.  It's confusing to users when they don't hear that option and end up going straight into new messages. 

If I remember correctly I was able to get around this in Unity Connection, I am wondering if this just isn't available in unity.   

Unity is integrated with email so the new messages may be in the 100s if the users are not well adjusted to email management.

Thanks,

Hank       

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Hank,

These settings are related to the "Conversation" config, which can be

set on individual users or via the template settings

Playing New Messages Automatically

By default, subscribers hear the Main menu after they log on to  Cisco Unity. You can customize the conversation so that Cisco Unity  plays new messages instead. When you do, subscribers no longer have to  press a key to play new messages ("Press 1 for new messages") because  Cisco Unity begins playing them automatically.

Otherwise, the conversation that subscribers hear sounds and acts the same:

Cisco Unity  plays the subscriber recorded name, alternate greeting notification,  new message counts, and the Message Type menu as specified.

System  broadcast messages, full mailbox warnings, reminders to reset  passwords, and other such prompts are likewise played before Cisco Unity  begins playing new messages.

Subscribers must indicate whether they want to save or delete the message before Cisco Unity plays the next new message.

Subscribers can exit message playback to hear the Main menu at any time.

If subscribers have no new messages, the Main menu is played as usual.

To specify that Cisco Unity plays new messages automatically in a  template or for an individual subscriber, do the following procedure.  (To make the change for a group of subscribers, you can use the Bulk  Edit tool available in Tools Depot.)

To Specify That Cisco Unity Plays New Messages Automatically

Step 1 In the Cisco Unity Administrator, go to the applicable page:

To modify the template that you will use to create subscriber accounts, go to any Subscribers > Subscriber Template page, and find the template that you want to modify. Then browse to the Conversation page.

To modify an existing subscriber account, go to any Subscribers > Subscribers page and find the applicable subscriber. Then browse to the Conversation page.

Step 2 Check the New Messages Automatically check box.

Step 3 Click the Save icon.fs

If you can this @ the template level remember that the cahnges are

not retroactive and will only be applied to user that are created after

the update. You may need to use Bulk Edit.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag160e.html#wp1074369

Cheers!

Rob

"Spend your life waiting,
for a moment that just don't come,
Well, don't waste your time waiting" 

-Springsteen

Perfect, thanks Rob!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Hank,

You are most welcome my friend