cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 8.5 Call Handler - Intermittent transfer numbers issue

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

I am receiving complaints that when call into the sites main line (call Handler) and dialing an extension from the greeting.  The caller would get "hold music" for a short time, then a voice prompt saying you can not be transferred to that extension and then hang up.   I have not been able to duplicate the issue by testing internally (IP Phone) and cell phone.   The CH has the option "

I do not know what would cause it to not work but I am interested in know if there is a way I can monitor or pull logs of these occurances? 

Thank You.

5 Replies 5

Hi Troy,

Some month ago I had a problem like this. At the end, it was a DTMF issue with some Carrier. After the call was answer some DTMF digit wasn't recived, that's why maybe you can't duplicate the issue.

I hope this help you.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

leosalcie - Thank You. That would make sense but we tested from the same phone and trying to reach the same extension where it failed and not it works. I would "assume" if it was a DTMF issue with the carrier, then it would fail each time.  Thoughts???

Found my Issue.  The site reporting the problem was just put on the cisco VOIP system a few months ago.  They went from a 3 digit ext to 5 digits where we appended a 52 to their existing 3 digit extension.  I can recreate the issue if I pause long enough before entering additional digits.  I increased the time it will wait for additional digits on the main CH to 2000 milliseconds (from 1500) to see if that helps.  I think callers are adjusting to the new system where they are dialing 52 pausing too long then entering the remaining 3 digits. 

At the end it was a Layer 8 problem . It's great the issue was solved.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Hi Leosalcie and Troyputnam,

right now i'm facing the same issue, would you like to share how to solve it?

Thanks,

Helmi