cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5.1 not deleting deleted messages

billfreitas
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CUC Version 8.5.1ES16.11900-16. My users mailboxes are now filling up because Unity Connection has stopped deleting deleted messages. I have check and changed the Message Aging Policy to permanently deleting messages in the deleted Items folder to 1 day and still having the issue.I have confirmed the issue by leaving then deleting a message to myself and it has been a week and it still is there.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could check or further troubleshooting I could do.

Bill

7 Replies 7

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

Stupid question. Is the appropriate Message Aging Policy selected under User's Mailbox settings?

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Also have you rebooted your CUC server(s). We've seen the same issue resolved after a reboot.

All users have the default policy and I modified that policy. I even tried to create a new policy and applied it to my mailbox with the same result.

I have not tried rebooting, I can try that. May I ask what version you had the issue on?

I believe it was also on 8.5.

We have just started experiencing this same problem, Unity Connection version 8.5.1ES47.12900-47.  Wondering if the reboot worked and/or what resolved the issue?

Hi Cheryl,

Just wondering if you had seen this bug? It looks like 95 TAC cases related to this

issue;

CSCtr43597 - UC 8.5 / 8.6.1 Message Aging Does Not Work

Description

Symptom:
UC 8.5 / 8.6.1 message aging policy set to purge deleted messages after one day
and it does not purge messages.
Conditions:
The root cause is known:
If the difference between the MessageModificationtime+DeleteAgingRuleNumDay and
the SystemCurrentTime is more than 99 days,  the exception" Overflow occurred
on a datetime or interval operation"  is thrown by Informix as part of SELECT
query on VIEW vw_MessageAging.
And the MessageAging procedure is aborted.
Workaround:
Contact Cisco TAC for workaround

Details

First Found in:                          (1)

Fixed

Last Modified:

May 29,2013

Fixed in:                          (7)

8.6(2.10000.30),8.6(1.98000.53),8.6(1.98000.126)

8.6(1.64),8.5(1.13031.1),8.5(1)ES56,1.0(0.98000.42)

Product:

Cisco Unity Connection

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

3 - moderate

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

Thanks Rob -

I've been searching for anything related to this. We've been on this version for almost 2 years.The problem only started in the last few month's - and it doesn't seem to affect all users, which has made it difficult to isolate. I have tried everything that's been mentioned, yet still have the issue periodically.

I'll contact TAC - Thanks so much.