cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection BAT import from CUCM

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

Just hoping for a sanity check to see if I'm missing something... Looking for a way to do a BAT import into Unity Connection of users from Communications Manager.

thanks,

will

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not that I'm aware of; LDAP-integrated mailboxes has been the norm in Unity Connection since it began. AXL was only mandatory for the Business Edition 5000 which used RedHat KVM virtualization instead of VMware.

The only blind spot is a new feature in Unity Connection 11.5 that is - at long last - supposed to synchronize the user PIN between CUCM and CUC; however, the product documentation that explains it hasn't been released yet. All that seems to exist is a mention of it in the Release Notes. So, depending on how Cisco implemented that there could be a caveat that isn't yet known.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to get the users from CUCM into CUC, you can simply do the AXL integration to achieve that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yeah - so with the axl integration in place, I can manually import users. Just looking for a way to do a bulk import. It looks like the built-in BAT options don't allow for that and CUPI seems to only allow for import via ldap.

edit:

To recap - just looking for a way to bulk import users into unity connection from cucm. I'd prefer bat but an api would work too.

This is not an answer to your question; however, I suggest using LDAP integration instead of AXL if you have any intention of using Jabber. The downside to AXL-integrated mailboxes is that CUC does not authenticate the password through the AXL connection (i.e. ask CUCM which in turn asks Active Directory). Instead, the mailbox has a local Web Application password just like a non-synchronized mailbox does. This is a problem if you deploy Jabber because the user would need to both know what this separate password is and then manually enter it into the Options > Accounts section of every Jabber client. If you use LDAP-synchronized mailboxes within CUC it will use the LDAP Authentication section to validate the password instead. This works to your advantage because you can configure the UC Service Profile to reuse the password typed into the Jabber login window when authenticating to the Visual Voicemail feature.

I didn't realize that Jonathan and that is a very valid consideration. Luckily, I haven't gone too far down the other rabbit hole. Any downside that you've seen?

Not that I'm aware of; LDAP-integrated mailboxes has been the norm in Unity Connection since it began. AXL was only mandatory for the Business Edition 5000 which used RedHat KVM virtualization instead of VMware.

The only blind spot is a new feature in Unity Connection 11.5 that is - at long last - supposed to synchronize the user PIN between CUCM and CUC; however, the product documentation that explains it hasn't been released yet. All that seems to exist is a mention of it in the Release Notes. So, depending on how Cisco implemented that there could be a caveat that isn't yet known.

It actually works quite well, I already did a video on PIN sync, and it works with LDAP and AXL integrations.

https://youtu.be/p6m4gPv0ikE

The only caveats I've found is that it only works with the GUI options, if you try to use the change PIN service in CUCM, or change it from the TUI, it will not work and just update it on CUCM or CUC.

HTH

java

hi Jaime

in the youtube video its shown that you used CA signed tomcat-trust on both cucm and cuc. can we use self signed certificates of both CUCM and CUC for pin sync??

Regards

Yes, you can use self-signed certificates.

HTH

java

hi Jaime,

i exported cucm-pub.pem file from cucm and imported it to cuc. i also exported cuc.pem file from cuc and installed it to cucm. i also created the same application user in cucm as cuc. but still when i change the pin in cucm user page, its giving error "There was an error while trying to update the PIN".

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks guys! +5 to both of you The original question wasn't answered, but I was convinced to go the suggested route instead.