Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection call handler - Holiday schedule

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Hello everyone, 

I am trying to set up holiday schedule for client service team in CUC8.6. 

There is one existing call handler A.    Looks 2 options below(correct me if I was wrong), 

option 1:  

Call handler A -> active schedule-> adding holiday schedule  

option 2: 

Call handler  A -> Greeting:

. Standard

. Closed

. Holiday -> Status -> Disabled

-> Greeting Enabled with No End Date and Time

-> Enabled Until:  (...omitted...) 

Question: 

.  Should I go either of them?   which one is preferred? 

.  If both of options have been configured, and there is conflict holiday schedule,

which one will have higher priority if applicable?   

Your information and help is highly appreciated. 

Master001

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'll need to use a combination of these options. Add a holiday schedule to the call handler. Then set the holiday greeting to enabled or enabled with an end date and time. If the call handler has a holiday schedule but the holiday greeting is either disabled or it is after the "enabled until" date, the closed greeting will play (if enabled). If not, the standard greeting will play. Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon.   I will try. 

Another question about the Call handler greeting:

. Any recommendation to how to record the greeting?    by phone or by .wav file?    

If  .wav file is preferred, any specific requirement for the .wav format such as codec etc.?   Is regular software (i.e. Microsoft sound recorder) fine to do recording?     

Best regards,

Master001

You can record the greeting straight from the Unity Connection webpage. See attached screenshot.  Using this method you can have upload a .wav file, use the PC to record, or have Unity call a phone extension and record using the phone.

Alternatively, you can just call an extension, let it roll to voicemail and leave a message. If you have Unified Messaging, Unity will then send the WAV file to your email address. Then upload this file using webpage as mentioned above.

In other posts users have stated that they have run into Java errors when trying to upload the recordings. I too ran into this problem and after screwing around with Java I just decided to give. I instead set up and installed Audiotext Manager for Connection (http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/ATM/ATM.html) You can record a wav file as a voicemail message or use the UCCX prompt recording tool and capture the wav files that way. Audiotext will then let you not only create call handlers but you can also edit the audio files and replace them with wav files from your PC. I found this way easier and more helpful. Original post (https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12879636/uploading-greeting-unity-connection-call-handler-error)

Hope this helps I hate Java and I'm sure others do to. 

check this post:

http://ciscoshizzle.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/cisco-unity-connection-call-handlers.html

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.