cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection forwarding rules

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I need to forward a large number extensions ( department) who some of which are unity users , some not ,to announcement as part of a migration. We need to set up an announcement en-bloc for all users obviously we can get the users individually to record a new VM message but we wish to do it for all user

"Our number have changed ,please dial our new main number"

All departments use Unity and use the same DN access number - we do not partition off Unity - it is a single system

I was looking to create a new VM profile, DN in CUCM and then assign it to the users who are moving and then set up per user to call forward to VM - current VM DN is say 8888 - which is used by all users and create a new VM Profile of say 1111

I then assign the new profile to the department which is migrating and set call forward and then use forwarding rules so then a call from a user’s extension is forwarded to the new VM Profile 1111 it hits the call forward rule

Direct rules handle calls from users and unidentified callers that are dialed directly to Unity Connection.

The predefined direct routing rules are:

• Attempt Sign-In—Calls from users are routed to the user sign-in conversation.
  • Opening Greeting—Calls from unidentified callers are routed to the Opening Greeting.

Forwarded rules handle calls that are forwarded to Unity Connection from either a user extension or from

an extension that is not associated with a user account (such as a conference room). The predefined

forwarded routing rules are:

• Attempt Forward—All calls forwarded from a user extension are routed to the user greeting.
  • Opening Greeting—Calls forwarded from an extension that is not associated with a user account are

routed to the Opening Greeting.

So I was going to create two new rules –Forwarded and Direct with a routing rule of dialled number equals to 1111 which then send that either to a greeting of a mail box which plays the "Our number have changed ,please dial our new main number"

Will this work for users with mail boxes as well since the forwarding rule have a routing rule?

2 Replies 2

aakozlov85
Level 1
Level 1
I think that is the most simplest way to realise your scenario is to create a CTI Route point with forward all to voice mail box enabled, and on CUC server create a System Call Handler with the same number as CTI RP has.
You can upload your promts in Call Handler greeting settings.

Then just set a forward all to CTI RP you just created on the devices's lines or you can use Translation Pattern to traslate dialed numbers into CTI RP number.

I didn`t use this method due to the following reason

Yes it works for users who do not have VM mail box however it fails if an user already have a Unity mail box

Our requirement was to override a users Unity Mail box and then play the genera message

In the end I created a new VM profile, DN and then set up routing rule of dialed number in Unity which then ignored a "users" mail DN and played our general mail box