cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CUCM,UCCX and CUC most solid version 10.5 or 10.6?

Don Fitzgerald
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking to upgrade our version of CUCM, UCCX and CUC from 8.6.  Which version is more solid without having any issues 10.5 or 10.6 (Needing to know any gotchas)? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don Fitzgerald

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd suggest the 10.5(2) release, which is the MR for 10.x

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I agree with Jaime. Unless there is some reason to go to 10.6 I would stick with 10.5.2.

CUCM/IMP/UCXN 10.5.2 is CSR 10.6, and I would strongly recommend it, go with latest available SU, which currently is SU1.

For CCX 10.6 is available and would be recommended.

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Upgraded CUCM and UCCX from 8.5 to 10.5 a couple months ago.  Been dealing with a few gotchas since.  A few of them below.  Considering 10.6 for UCCX because 10.5 has been flaky and also want to run both Finesse and CAD at same time.  If you decide on 10.5 just make sure you go to the latest SU which should eliminate most of what I have encountered.

CSCuq22701 - T-38 fails when CM sends multiple re-Invites to fax server. CUCM 10.5.1 - in case you are using RightFax

CSCup31962 - Unable to give users any rights in CUIC.  Needed TAC to resolve by running some sql commands

Bug CSCur32516 - Cosmetic Issue - If running PLM on CUCM Node you get Critical Alert stating Cisco Prime LM DB is down... actuality is it's running and there are no issues but you have to disable critical alerts if you want to stop getting this message.

CSCup83263 - Attempting to upgrade UCCX 10.5.1 to (SU1) and switch version fails.  Just applied work around last night and will attempt switch version again this weekend. I am running this because intermittently we experienced an issue where agents could not log in - authentication error.  I would have to restart the LDAP service on UCCX to fix.  Going to (SU1) was TAC's suggestion based off a few similar cases in the past.

Just a few of them I encountered.. Most could have been avoided if I had gone directly to the latest SU1.  I had ordered the software way in advance and stuck with it.