cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading & merging of two cluster

anupam.tyagi
Level 1
Level 1

Customer is having two cluster with version 6.1.x on MCS Environment . He is planning to move it to the UCS Environment with version 8.6.2  and in the process merge the two cluster . There are also various applications( Meeting place Express , Contact centre Express , unity ) running on the 6.1.x cluster he wants that applications running seamlessly running with 8.6.x version

Please let me know any conisderation that i need to take care .

here is my plan ;

Do a bridge upgrade :

For one of  the cluster

- Install CUCM 8.6(2a) on the inactive partition on the current MCS hardware,

- Bring up the current CUCM cluster on 8.6(2a) and perform DRS backup

- Build UCS C-Series and install CUCM 8.6(2a) on the new CUCM cluster

- Perform DRS restore  on the new cluster.

For other cluster do a BAT on this new cluster .

Thanx

anupam

2 Replies 2

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anupam,

MCS to UCS migration plan sounds good but you also mentioned , " There are also various applications( Meeting place Express , Contact centre Express , unity ) running on the 6.1.x cluster he wants that applications running seamlessly running with 8.6.x version ", for which you will have to ensure that the application versions are compatible with CUCM 8.6, else the applications also would need an upgrade. Please refer the CUCM compatibility guide for compatibility with these apps.

GP.

Pls rate the post if it helps !!

In addition you will need to repoint all the apps as well as GWs to the new IP address of the server.

Also, there is no direct upgrade from version 6 to 8.6 as you will need to go through 7.1.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: