Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User login to CUCM problem with LDAP

Hello,

since i have integrated our CUCM 8.6.2 with LDAP, i am getting user information perfectly but when i am trying to acccess cucmuser access page, i am not able to login.

Please advise

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your search base is different for your LDAP authentication. Can you use the same seacrh base as the LDAP config and test again

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you enabled LDAP authentication? Does the users have the role of standard ccm end user" assigned to them?

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are your users in the right OU to which you're pointing in the LDAP authentication config??

Are they CCMuser enabled?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

LDAP Authentication is enabled, i have assigned role to users also my users are in correct OU, that is the reason i can see users in end user list.

it looks AD does not forwarding password field to CUCM, like i can see user detail except their password

Please advise,

Is the box ticked under LDAP authentication?     also, what port you using?

Is your AD server seeing any failed authentications?

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

The fact you see your users doesn't mean your authentication config should work, if you're pointing to the wrong OU under authentication, that could happen, also, CUCM does not sync pwds, it send the authentication request to LDAP. Thats why I'm asking if that is properly configured.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

Sorry don't understand, as i am perticularly defining specific OU and successfully see users those are part of that OU mean my integration is good correct ? and CUCM requesting user authentication for users belong to that OU to LDAP correct ?

Please confirm

Are you certain that you're using the correct user name, alias etc, to log in?

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Please send a screen capture of your CUCM LDAP config and your LDAP authentication config page

Your search base is different for your LDAP authentication. Can you use the same seacrh base as the LDAP config and test again

If you see the users, that means your SYNC config is correct, and that's it.

Because you can see the users in CUCM doesn't mean in any way authentication will work.

LDAP authentication is a SEPARATE configuration, and you can still point anywhere else as it does not copy anything from the OUs you defined in sync.

Sorry don't understand, as i am particularly defining specific OU and successfully see users those are part of that OU mean my integration is good correct ? and CUCM requesting user authentication for users belong to that OU to LDAP correct ?

Yes, your sync config is OK, yes, CUCM is asking for authentication for those users, problem is, for authentication, you're pointing somewhere else where those users are not located.

So, coming back to my very first question in this thread:

Are your users in the right OU to which you're pointing in the LDAP authentication config??

The answer seems to be: no.

And that's the problem, either you point to the same OU, or to a parent OU for this to work.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java