Helpful
Replies

Users Voice Mails

a-zaki
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Members, 

I have CUCM and CUC integrated over SIP trunk, In CUCM side :

I Have Voice Mail Pilot Ext 800 and Voice Mail Profile, Also have 2 route pattern to CUC over sip trunk 

1- Route pattern 887 to IVR number in CUC over sip trunk, when call this number hear the IVR message " Welcome to xxx if you the extension number dial it now or press zero for assistant " , no problem now if caller press zero transfer to reception and if press internal EXT number transfer to user normally.

2- Route pattern 800 to CUC over sip trunk for voice Mail messages.

My issue now when caller call the EXT and user not answer he leave message to him and in user IP Phone showing that he have Voice Message in screen with red led in headset but when user press Voice Message button transfer him to IVR not to the message.

I need user when press to VM button can hear his messages and ask for his pin code.

Note: 

All users added to CUC by syncing with Active Directory.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This is your problem.

image.png

You need to have a condition set on this rule so that it only matches when the dialed number is 887.

Something similar to this.

image.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Only needed for the IVR rule. For VM the standard rule Attempt Sign In will match a Subscriber Extension as @Maren Mahoney explained. You do not need a custom rule for the VM part.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Very likely this is a problem with Direct Routing rules in CUC. By the sound the direct call from a device is not matching the standard rule for a call from a subscriber, ie from a user in the CUC system. To route calls to the IVR did you create a routing rule for this in the Direct Routing section in CUC and what match did you use on that? 

Response Signature

No i use the default direct rules as attached.

Okay, then you’ll need to look in RTMT to see what’s going on when the call reaches CUC for when someone presses the voicemail button.

Response Signature

Looking at this more closely it looks like you have altered the rules from the default.

image.png

You want to have the Attempt Sign In to do as I have it in the picture and Opening Greeting set as my picture as well. When you have altered that you need to create a new rule that is used to pass calls that are destined to the IVR you built.

Response Signature

Perfect, As attached send call back again as a default and created IVR rule and IVR working fine like before.

My main problem now as attached VM Pilot photo, when user press 800 must transfer him to message asked him to put his pin to can access his voice mail messages but now when i press 800 the call transfer to IVR.

Thanks for your support.

Can you show your Direct Call Routing Rules with the full screen? What I would want to see are the "Conditions" and the "Action" for the rules. 

If I understand it, you want 800 to be the standard voicemail number and that is the one associated with your voicemail profile.

And, if I understand correctly, you want people to be able to dial 887 in order to be connected to the system and be asked "Please enter your PIN" to log into their voicemail boxes.

If the above is correct, you only need the two original default rules, and you also only need the one Route Pattern of 800 to direct people into voicemail.

If a directory number with the default voicemail profile (dialing 800) presses the Messages button, CUC will automatically try to match the incoming calling number to the Extension on a voicemail box. So if the incoming DN matches a CUC Extension, then CUC will use the "Attempt Sign In" default direct call routing rule to pass the call to the sign in dialog and the caller will hear "Please enter your PIN". You do not need a special call routing rule for this.

Any incoming number that does not match a CUC Extension will use the next rule, which is the Opening Greeting rule that says "Welcome to xxx....."

Am I misunderstanding your scenario? If I am, can you say more about what you are trying to accomplish with the 887 route pattern?

Maren

Thanks for your reply,

887 working fine internal and external, when i call company PSTN number from outside there's no issue and transfer success from gateway to CUC and can reach to IVR and reach to internal EXT without problem.

when people not answer the call i leave voice message and phone showing that there's voice message to user, when user press to VM button in phone transfer him to IVR.

I want people when call 800 or by pressing VM button in phone can access VM messages after inter PIN.  800 for VM and 887 for IVR.

This is your problem.

image.png

You need to have a condition set on this rule so that it only matches when the dialed number is 887.

Something similar to this.

image.png

Response Signature

IVR ( 887 ) working from inside and also from outside through voice gateway..

800 need to be set for people can dial to check voice messages or when press VM button from IP phone transfer to 800..

as the below picture I set condition to 800 to but i don't know it's right or not. when transfer to 800 now I hear different message not IVR ( conversations : ATTEMPT Sign-IN )

Edit under VM rule.JPGVM Rule.JPG

You do not need to have a rule for 800. That is handled by the standard rule Attempt Sign In as stated in previous responses.

Response Signature

So, should I create condition for IVR rule and also for VM rule ? 

and what's the right select for conversation type in VM rule ?

Only needed for the IVR rule. For VM the standard rule Attempt Sign In will match a Subscriber Extension as @Maren Mahoney explained. You do not need a custom rule for the VM part.

Response Signature

Next step set PIN under user ---> change password

I know it’s your post, but it’s not good practice to ask multiple questions in one post. Especially not after you have got help with the original question.

Response Signature