Helpful
Replies

Using CUE for Time-of-Day Routing in CME Environment

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

My customer's requirement is quite simple:

- during office hours, send the call to a hunt group

- during non-office hours, send the call to a CUE Voice Mail Box (or play an announcement, should this not be possible).

My understanding is that this is not feasible out of the box and a custom CUE script might be the best alternative to implement this kind of ToD Routing.

Does anyone have a sample .aef script at hand - or how would you solve this? I'm trying to avoid a deep dive into CUE Scripting.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, it can do that, among other things.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You dont need any scripting unless you want to do advanced things like queuing etc..You can just use Time of day routing..

Here is a doc explaining how to configure it

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1170

http://x-ccie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/cme-night-service-time-of-day-routing.html

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use my "universal AA" script that does everything with just configuration. It can be acquired on the website mentioned on my profile.

Thanks a lot Paolo,

Looking forward whether your "Universal AA" can do what I need it to do. They key point is that it should take the routing decision just based on time and date - without any menu/user interaction. That's why Editor Express was no good for me either.

Prompt delivery is greatly appreciated - going live this morming, CET

Cheers

/David

PS: night-service on CME does not do the trick (lunch breaks, several "instances").

Yes, it can do that, among other things.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: