Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 Replacement With ATA 191 Issue

mclason01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am replacing a VG224 with an ATA 191 since the VG is EOL and we hardly have an ports in use. 

I am running into an issue with our paging system (Bogen PCM TIM/Bogen TPU 100-B)

When hooked up to the VG, it works perfectly, it instantly picks up the call, and the caller can press 00 to start the page.

When hooked up to the ATA 191, the caller hears ringing, but the Bogen never picks up the call. If I physically move the top dip switch on the Bogen, the call is picked up, but obviously that doesn't really help. 

I know the line is working because I can connect an analog phone to the ATA 191 port and it rings when dialed. Not sure if there are crucial settings on an ATA 191 port that make it incompatible with paging, or something I can change to make it work. 

I know this is a bit of a shot in the dark, but any help is appreciated. 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I actually found that if you change the ring frequency to 25 instead of 20 an the ATA 191 it solves the issue. This can be changed towards the bottom of the device page. I found this because ATA 186s work with old paging systems as well, and a quick google shows them using a 25Hz frequency.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mradell
Level 1
Level 1

I would venture a guess that it's an issue with ring voltage on the ATA not triggering the Bogen to pick up the call. I don't believe you can change the ring voltage/frequency on the ATA 191. On the Bogen side I believe they need to have a Telephone Paging Interface of some sort to work correctly with some forms of VoIP generated dial tone. This of course would be a question for Bogen, or your contractor/maintenance staff if you have support for the Bogen system.

I actually found that if you change the ring frequency to 25 instead of 20 an the ATA 191 it solves the issue. This can be changed towards the bottom of the device page. I found this because ATA 186s work with old paging systems as well, and a quick google shows them using a 25Hz frequency.

Thanks!

Interesting. Thanks for the info!

I am encountering the same issue. I did change the fqcy to 25Hz, but I am curious on dip switch settings. Thanks

oregonsv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi; 

I'm trying to configure the Bogen PCM TIM/Bogen TPU 100-B with the VG224, but is not working. 

Can you please let me know how to configure the port on the VG224 ?

Actually is working with a Gateway 2801, so I have to make the transition to the VG224. 

Thanks in advance, 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: