cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG310 Bulk Import issues

nicholas platt
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to bulk import a VG310 SCCP into CUCM 10.5.2 and am having an issue. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing works. I know I'm close because it takes the first entry in the csv and puts it in but then errors on any of the rest with the following error:

SKIGWC288264458(Record Number 2) 2036 DOMAIN NAME MAC Address already exists.

SKIGWC288264458(Record Number 3) 2036 DOMAIN NAME MAC Address already exists.

Based on that I am assuming it doesn't like something about the MAC address being the same in the Domain Name field in the csv. I've tried leaving the rest of the entries blank but it doesn't like that. I tried adding 000 to the end of it (the way it adds the AN name to the port) and then incrementing up from there (001,002,etc) but that just created 24 new gateways.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've spent a lot of time messing with this. I would just put them in manually but I've got several VG350's to program as well and fear I will run into the same issue. I'd love to get it cleared up so as to automate the process somewhat.

I'm attaching a copy of the BAT I created for reference.

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Javier Cuadros
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Nicholas,

i'm having the same pain. i'm triyng to provision 9xVG224 and have the same exact error, it seems to be a bug CSCus83367, any workaround sofar?

View solution in original post

I for got to mention, you will need to configure the base of the VG320/Vg224 first before you can add the end points. That means add the gateway first and the slots etc, then use BAT to add the endpoints

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

nicholas platt
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

I'm not finding anything about VG310's in the Bulk Admin Guide at all and the only other thing I know to do would be to open a TAC case.

If someone's got any experience importing a VG310 or 320 via SCCP and knows maybe what I'm doing wrong, I'd love to know.

Thanks!

I for got to mention, you will need to configure the base of the VG320/Vg224 first before you can add the end points. That means add the gateway first and the slots etc, then use BAT to add the endpoints

Javier Cuadros
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Nicholas,

i'm having the same pain. i'm triyng to provision 9xVG224 and have the same exact error, it seems to be a bug CSCus83367, any workaround sofar?

Attached is a working Vg224 template. You also need to add the gateway first

Javier, thank you for letting me know about that bug. I'm going to try to get TAC on the phone to see if there is a workaround. That is exactly what I'm getting.

I will certainly advise on what I learn about a solution/workaround once I know more.

Thanks!

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your VG template is wrong. There are a few fields missing. I am attaching a working template that I just tested in my cluster now. Use the template and adjust based on your configuration. Ensure you rename the file with .csv extension so you can modify it.

Ayodeji, thank you for your input.

I took the file you attached and modified it with my info specific to the site I'm programming. I had tried doing it like this previously but got an error:

SKIGWC288264458(Record Number 1) 2004 GATEWAY NAME is blank.

SKIGWC288264458(Record Number 2) 2004 GATEWAY NAME is blank.

It gave me this same error when I used yours. I have the base gateway itself configured in CUCM already with all blank endpoints and uploaded using the file you sent as an example. As you can see, it appears not to like something with the field GATEWAY NAME. I've tried changing this to DOMAIN NAME in mine and that is the one that I found where it would work for the first port only, but only after paring down several other fields. Directory Number 1 in yours has to be PORT DIRECTORY, LINE DESCRIPTION 1 has to be just LINE DESCRIPTION. The same holds true for all the rest of the fields that have a 1 in them from what I was able to tell. In the example I'd previously attached, the first port was programmed when I imported but the rest errored with DOMAIN NAME MAC Address already exists error I noted in the original post.

I am attaching the adjusted file I tried using based on yours. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks again for the reply.

OK I did mine using cucm 9. Its possible dome fields have changed in 10.5. To know the exact field you need add a single endpoint manually to the gateway in cucm. Fill in all the fields you need. One this is completed do an export of gateway configuration using the import/export function. Then once the export is completed download the tar file and extract the gateway CSV. You will see the required fields

My case was with VG224 same problem:  "DOMAIN NAME MAC Address already exists."

I need to put the Mac Address of the DOMAIN NAME in lower case: YOUR EXAMPLE:    SKIGWC288264458 

I have to changed to: SKIGWc288264458

that worked for me on a VG310 on CUCM 10.5.2... just set DOMAIN NAME (Mac Address portion) in lower case and it worked great!!
e.g. SKIGWabcdef0123

Thank you!!!

Hi!

This workaround it´s working also with VG320 and CUCM 11.5 !!!

Thanks!

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

ll,

Please share me VG 350, 320, 310 configuration sample with cucm 11.5 as i am going to configure with CUCM first time..

What protocol should use--MGCP, SCCP or SIP in CUCM for VG?

with respect tp command line, is it smae as VG224 as i worked on VG224 with SCCP config.

thanks

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: