cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE Need External DSU?

Jacob Webb
Level 1
Level 1

Do I need an external DSU if I am using VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE cards?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jacob,

I was just reading the link shared with you :

External DSU is required in both cases whether u configure it as User or Network .

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jacob,

As per the datasheet , it is configurable for S/T or U side.You can check the link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_configuration_example09186a008010ef6c.shtml#vic2brintte

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Can you just confirm that this configuration will be used in place of a DSU? 

I'm still not super hip to all the voice lingo.

Hi Jacob,

I was just reading the link shared with you :

External DSU is required in both cases whether u configure it as User or Network .

regds,

aman

Thanks for the confirmation Aman.  I guess I need to go get some DSUs for these.

Chris Z
Level 1
Level 1

Hi aman,

I am having the same issue as Jacob. In many product descriptions of the card, I find the following sentence:

(VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE) have the same capabilities as the S/T card, but can also be configured to provide a network termination (NT) interface with phantom power.

So if I could configure the card to provide network termination, why would I need an external DSU? What would be its purpose?

Regards,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: