cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voice_iec-3-gw sip internal error (gateway or interface oos)

Marco Lin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Has anyone encountered this error message? This device is used for CUBE. In the newly installed state, this message keeps appearing, and the authorization has been given correctly.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

17.03 is a very unstable version with many bugs. Upgrade to 17.6.4 if you want a more solid version. 

If you do a “show sip service”, does it show up or down? 

View solution in original post

Upgrade you iOS to latest version 17.3.5 or above . I have faced  similar issue wher my 12 site SIP service went down and my ssm was reporting the usage of CUBE even though no CUBE features where using.

1.png

show voice sip license status shows SIP service: Down

The issues was not related to to CUBE license its known defect

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvz89043

We did a temporary workaround to get the SIP service back again by using the below to give you more time to do the below Solutions.

Router#license smart factory reset

Router#wr

Router#reload

Solutions:
1- Register the device to CSSM.

2- Upgrading to 7.3.5, 17.6.2, 17.7.1 and newer releases, will resolve this issue as well.

Regards to CUBE 14v : CUBE_T_VGW is just a reporting PID - it's not a license. If you are seeing Voice Gateway usage, you can ignore this as its not related to licenses.

Response Signature

I concur with @TechLvr on this. The version of IOS you use is a really bad one. You’ll be better of upgrading to 17.6.4 as that had a number of major issues fixed and a big rework of how RUM reports works with CSLU in Smart Licensing.

Response Signature

4 Replies 4

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

17.03 is a very unstable version with many bugs. Upgrade to 17.6.4 if you want a more solid version. 

If you do a “show sip service”, does it show up or down? 

Upgrade you iOS to latest version 17.3.5 or above . I have faced  similar issue wher my 12 site SIP service went down and my ssm was reporting the usage of CUBE even though no CUBE features where using.

1.png

show voice sip license status shows SIP service: Down

The issues was not related to to CUBE license its known defect

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvz89043

We did a temporary workaround to get the SIP service back again by using the below to give you more time to do the below Solutions.

Router#license smart factory reset

Router#wr

Router#reload

Solutions:
1- Register the device to CSSM.

2- Upgrading to 7.3.5, 17.6.2, 17.7.1 and newer releases, will resolve this issue as well.

Regards to CUBE 14v : CUBE_T_VGW is just a reporting PID - it's not a license. If you are seeing Voice Gateway usage, you can ignore this as its not related to licenses.

Response Signature

I concur with @TechLvr on this. The version of IOS you use is a really bad one. You’ll be better of upgrading to 17.6.4 as that had a number of major issues fixed and a big rework of how RUM reports works with CSLU in Smart Licensing.

Response Signature

Marco Lin
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much for your professional assistance. After upgrading to 17.6.4, the problem has been solved and everything has returned to normal. Thank you very much.