Views
Helpful
Replies

Waiting tone for the second call

g.doychev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Do you know if it is possible the Caller who rings to a dual-line DN with an active call on it, to hear a different signal (instead of normal ringing signal)?

Or if it's not, do you know some other way to understand that he/she is in a queue?

The platform is Cisco CallManager Express 8.6.

Thank you very much in advance.

5 Replies 5

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

Use Huntstop channel command under ephone-dn and this will let calling person know that phone is busy.

Ephone-dn 1 dual-line

Number 1001

Huntstop channel

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

I know this function, but if I use it the call cannot be answered, right? This is not the required scenario.

Thanks anyway!

Hi

Yes you are ture. I dont think we have any other option natively available in CME.

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi,

you can play around with a TCL script but it might be painful to program it, or, give a try to BACD.

Or, if you have a Cisco Unity Express (CUE) module, it would give you even better options.

G.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use my script "selective ringback tone" for that. It can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: