Views
Helpful
Replies

What is PVDM3-64U256?

jaameshaale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am confused on what PVDM3-64U256 is.   The description says "PVDM3 64-channel to 256-channel factory upgrade".  Is this some sort of upgrade from 64 to 256?

How is this different from PVDM3-64 and PVDM3-256? 

Thanks

James

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Basically, the router you ordered came with a 64-channel card and this is an upgrade product key to a 256 channel card.  It is cheaper than buying a 256 channel card as they're subracting the cost of the 64 channel card.

View solution in original post

Cost is a wash, but they don't send you the PVDM3-64, all you get is 256.  This is just an incremental part number to a bundle which would include PVDM3-64.

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Basically, the router you ordered came with a 64-channel card and this is an upgrade product key to a 256 channel card.  It is cheaper than buying a 256 channel card as they're subracting the cost of the 64 channel card.

Thanks. 

So, essentially I am purchasing a 256 channel card at a lower price.  Once I recieve the card, I would have to physically take the 64 out and replace it with 256.  Correct?

Cost is a wash, but they don't send you the PVDM3-64, all you get is 256.  This is just an incremental part number to a bundle which would include PVDM3-64.

Chris

Ahh... it makes sense now...

Thanks Chris

Chris,

I was using the Configurator and was making a Quotation for CISCO3925-SEC/K9 Router, it includes PVDM3-64 and if I upgrade it in the configurator to buy a PVDM3-64U256, then PVDM3-64 is not showing in the final BOQ. Please let me know do I have to purchase PVDM3-64 separately or is in included in PVDM3-64U256?

Regards,

Farhan

Syed,

If you have chosen the PVDM3-64U256, then you will get the PVDM3-256. If you want PVDM3064, then just select that or leave the default bundle, because this is included in the bundle

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: