Views
Helpful
Replies

What is PVDM3-64U256?

jaameshaale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am confused on what PVDM3-64U256 is.   The description says "PVDM3 64-channel to 256-channel factory upgrade".  Is this some sort of upgrade from 64 to 256?

How is this different from PVDM3-64 and PVDM3-256? 

Thanks

James

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Basically, the router you ordered came with a 64-channel card and this is an upgrade product key to a 256 channel card.  It is cheaper than buying a 256 channel card as they're subracting the cost of the 64 channel card.

View solution in original post

Cost is a wash, but they don't send you the PVDM3-64, all you get is 256.  This is just an incremental part number to a bundle which would include PVDM3-64.

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Basically, the router you ordered came with a 64-channel card and this is an upgrade product key to a 256 channel card.  It is cheaper than buying a 256 channel card as they're subracting the cost of the 64 channel card.

Thanks. 

So, essentially I am purchasing a 256 channel card at a lower price.  Once I recieve the card, I would have to physically take the 64 out and replace it with 256.  Correct?

Cost is a wash, but they don't send you the PVDM3-64, all you get is 256.  This is just an incremental part number to a bundle which would include PVDM3-64.

Chris

Ahh... it makes sense now...

Thanks Chris

Chris,

I was using the Configurator and was making a Quotation for CISCO3925-SEC/K9 Router, it includes PVDM3-64 and if I upgrade it in the configurator to buy a PVDM3-64U256, then PVDM3-64 is not showing in the final BOQ. Please let me know do I have to purchase PVDM3-64 separately or is in included in PVDM3-64U256?

Regards,

Farhan

Syed,

If you have chosen the PVDM3-64U256, then you will get the PVDM3-256. If you want PVDM3064, then just select that or leave the default bundle, because this is included in the bundle

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts