cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the difference between sip and mpp firmwares of the ipphone?

What is the difference between sip and mpp firmwares of the ipphone?
Which firmware should I download if I have one voice router or a voice server?

for example:
"Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Software- 14.2(1)"
and
‘’IP Phone 8811 with Multiplatform Firmware"

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3PCC/MPP stands for 3rd Party Call Controller/Multi-Platform Phones.  If the phones are going to be integrated with non-Cisco call controller, 3PCC/MPP firmware is recommended because configuring the phones will be easier using GUI.  

MPP is also used with Webex Calling multi-tenant. The original firmware, now termed Enterprise, is intended solely for CUCM/CME.

If you are using a CME  or CUCM as others mentioned the phone must run on Enterprise versions which will be SIP Firmware.

If you are planning to use it with third party solution like avaya, sip cloud providers etc.. it must be MPP.

You cannot convert the SIP firmware to MPP  just like that. There is a process and License is also involved. You can learn more from this link.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-7800-series/guide-c07-742786.html

Response Signature

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

For me: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-7800-series/guide-c07-742786.html

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

MPP firmware is a firmware type introduced by Cisco to offer compatibility with multiple call control systems. It allows the IP phone to work with various call control platforms, including CUCM, Cisco Business Edition (BE), third-party SIP call control systems, or even voice routers acting as call control platforms. MPP firmware provides flexibility and interoperability for IP phones across different environments.

No, that is absolutely wrong. MPP/3PCC is NOT compatible with CUCM, BE is a flavor of CUCM, so also NOT compatible. You make it sound like MPP can be used for everything when that is not the case, the previous answers provided the correct information differentiating enterprise Vs MPP.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks @Jaime Valencia for correct me.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.