cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

when will the 7942 and 7962 phones be deprecated?

khenning
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Our organization does a upgrade every 2 years and we will be going to CUCM 14 in 2021 Just trying to plan for the future as we are now dealing with the current list of phones being deprecated. I am currently switching the 7942 and 7962 SCCP devices (that we have) to SIP protocol so we can get a few more years out of those. We were wondering if there was any info out about when the 7942 and 7962 telephones will no longer work. We thought it was going to be possibly with our next upgrade in 2023.

thanks for any and all inpput.

7 Replies 7

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4
They are tentatively slated to be depreciated in CUCM 14.
Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

Thanks for your reply but the 7942 and 7962 will continue to work in CUCM as SIP devices is my understanding and they are not listed on the deprecated list for CUCM 14

Ahh sorry I was thinking 7940 and 7960.
Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

There are no field notices out for CUCM beyond 14 yet.  You would need to get an update from the developers directly at this point as to what the road map for future releases will entail as far as device deprecation.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

See the Cisco published field notice for which models are being deprecated in CUCM 14.  79X2s are not on the list, but I would expect them to follow in some future release, perhaps 14.5 or 15 (pure speculation on my side).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/trouble/14_0_1/fieldNotices/cucm_b_deprecated-phones-14.html

To answer your other question once the phones are deprecated and cannot be build in CUCM you can certainly add them as 3rd party SIP (assuming SIP load), but their functionality would limited to those devices capabilities.

Hey Chris, 

Have you tried adding a deprecated endpoint as a SIP 3rd party?

From what I know, it would not work and also would not be supported

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cucm-12-deprecated-phones-registration/td-p/3678119

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reach out to your SE/AM and they can explain you the current policy on how a phone becomes deprecated in CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate