cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5520 WLC - Packet Capture error.

Mogwai
Level 1
Level 1

Running into an error when attempting to troubleshoot a client Chromebook connection issue. We use a Cisco 5520 WLC with AIR-AP2802I-B-K9 AP's. When attempting to start a packet capture from the Cisco 5520 WLC, the WLC isn't able to communicate with the AP. The AP is functioning normally. Has anyone seem anything similar or able to sed a bit o light on what may be going on?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the reply.  

I don't believe that an ACL is in use for these devices. I don't see one in place. 

I did see that KB, earlier am unable to use it atm as I'm unable to access the backend (CLI) at this time. Still working on figuring out the SSH credentials, so that I can try this & maybe a few other things from the backend of the AP's possibly. On this note, are you aware if there is a master/default SSH credential that would grant SSH access?

Thanks, George

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what mode of deployment, as i remember some of the AP do not support that (trying to recall ?)

do you have any other model of AP ? that you can do packet capture?

what WLC code running ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the replay. I'm pretty new to this environment, so please ignore some of the questions. 

what mode of deployment? > Can you clarify this a bit. Not sure what you mean by this?  It's an enterprise environment with around 100 AP's (same model) between several buildings, although this issue is an intermittent wireless issue in a room between a specific client & AP. The issue is occuring in other spots of the building as well, just using this specific location for troubleshooting purposes.

What WLC code running? > Where can I verify this for you?

Hello,

are you using an access list ? How many packets are you capturing ? Try a low number (use the default, 25, or something low like 30)

debug packet logging enable all 30

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/211342-packet-captures-on-aireos-wlc.html

Thanks for the reply.  

I don't believe that an ACL is in use for these devices. I don't see one in place. 

I did see that KB, earlier am unable to use it atm as I'm unable to access the backend (CLI) at this time. Still working on figuring out the SSH credentials, so that I can try this & maybe a few other things from the backend of the AP's possibly. On this note, are you aware if there is a master/default SSH credential that would grant SSH access?

Thanks, George